2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ah CaroLiza, I read your post about Jenna. That's a real shame, but at least she had a very good SP--an up note to end a very long career.

lady_bee

Medalist
Brezinova's jumping technique is pretty good! I do wish she'd bring more speed and interpretation though. Very similar skating style to her brother, although she seems a little mentally tougher.

Girls are always stronger than boys:biggrin:.
Remember what happened in Sochi few months ago?(Woops, sorry for mentioning S-word)

Kuan

Final Flight
Gold medal for the best dress goes to So Youn (at least for me)! Absolutly stunning!!:bow::points:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think she's out because of injury. She hasn't been doing well since she hit puberty either. Wonder if she's continuing(?)

There was a thread asking about that in November. But, it's been archived now.

I brought up the question again in the Korean Nationals thread at the end of December, and there were some very informative answers.

She's Nina Taylor.

Erm, who's Nina Taylor? I just did a search and it came up with 2 candidates - a thin white British model, and a, erm, rather large black American model. :eek:

I hope you are not comparing Kwak to either of them...

Ach, why did Eurosport take a break when they were playing Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" in the background???!! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
Ah CaroLiza, I read your post about Jenna. That's a real shame, but at least she had a very good SP--an up note to end a very long career.

I'm really sorry =(
I wanted to see Jenna skating another time before retiring, she seemed so keen on skating this worlds

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Do skaters ever get blinded by their ponytails and slip up? :laugh:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Well done Joshi…. kudos for going for 6 triples; 5 different (though edge on flip) including 2 lutzes :clap:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really feel like someone should master making a step out into a Half Loop. I really can't tell the difference sometimes. Maybe the judges could be fooled.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Joshi HELGESSON (SWE)

Music: Warrior Princess (from "Cirque du Soleil"); An Ancient Muse by Loreena Mkennitt; Narnia - Here Comes the King (soundtrack)

Black "warrior" dress with cuffs, fringe skirt, bronze and silver sequin details

3Lz+2T - 'tano on toe
3T
3Lo
FCCoSp
3Lz - hangs on, foot down early
3F+2T+2Lo - e, looked < on the doubles
StSq
CCoSp
3S+2A+SEQ - stepout, maybe 3S<
2A
ChSq - steps, spiral
FCCoSp

A couple of iffy landings, but her strongest so far. She fistpumps. Her 6 triples had better flow than usual

FS: 54.69+53.26 = 107.95 (PB), 162.91 (PB), in 1st (out of 6)