2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Ladies Free Skate, Jan. 31

tulosai

Record Breaker
i've heard som rumours about elene not being motivated or wanting to skate anymore but she contin because her family in georgia gets payed for it....

If true, that's just sad, but at some point she's going to have to call it quits and this seems like a good time to be honest.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
That her breasts are...too heavy? :scratch: I kid, I kid. :slink:

TBH, her having bigger breasts than most skaters throws off her center of balance and her moment of inertia which are important in the biomechanics of jumps. It's much better to have a pencil-like figure or wider hips than extra weight in your upper body. Yay physics!

I saw Michal :biggrin:

Makes him even cuter by being there supporting his sister. :love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
That's actually what I noticed. Big jugs, skinny everywhere else...hope she isn't eating powder. :hopelessness:

I don't even think her breasts look big anymore. They are barely there like all the other skaters.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Thank you.
Brezinova's first 2A would have been so nice if landed, such a shame!
But she is probably over 47 anyway, so good for her

She's surely over 47 but I'm not sure if she has the min TES from the SP - it's 27, here she got 26 and I don't know if she got 27 before.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
i've heard som rumours about elene not being motivated or wanting to skate anymore but she contin because her family in georgia gets payed for it....

I still wonder if Elene could have had a more successful career if her mother was never deported from Russia after her Torino success. Being forced to leave her lifelong home, her coach, her everything. :eek:hwell:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Yesterday CaroLiza_fan was joking about making sexy comments for the Ladies FS & here we are instead objectively discussing Elene's breasts :laugh:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aleksandra GOLOVKINA (LTU)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

Blue shiny keyhole dress, flower details, sheer sleeves, gloves, open back

3Lo
3S+2T - turnout after 3S
2A
FCSp
1T - fall
ChSq - nice kerrigan spiral
3S+1Lo+2F
3T - fall
2A+2T
CCoSp3p - fast I-spin
StSq
LSp

Big problems with the triple toes

FS: 44.86+43.60-2.00 = 86.46, 131.47, 3rd (out of 4)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
...I think that's the closest anyone has come (so far) to Mathman's hypothetical 0T + fall? Kinda ruined the whole routine for me...

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Can you please give me the Russian link?
Currenty I cant use hola and I HATE commercials during live performances.
Most of Golovkina live performance was cut.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The swedish commentary making me sleepy.
This language don't sound very inspiring.
(I do not want to offend anyone.)
Do you agree?

You should listen to their neighbor's language, Norwegian! :biggrin:
Very trilly and bouncy... much more so than Swedish!

I found that many find it quite funny to listen to because it's so uppity and peppy.

lady_bee

Medalist
Yesterday CaroLiza_fan was joking about making sexy comments for the Ladies FS & here we are instead objectively discussing Elene's breasts :laugh:

I think we are talking about physics, I mean really.
I used to have big ones long time ago, and they annoyed me so much when I run.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I still wonder if Elene could have had a more successful career if her mother was never deported from Russia after her Torino success. Being forced to leave her lifelong home, her coach, her everything. :eek:hwell:

Yup I made a post early in this thread where I sort of alluded to this. I think her potential success has been hampered for a lot of reasons. Many are out of her control (body type as is kind of being discussed here, being deported, lack of training conditions, funding at times) some were probably less so (multiple coaching changes even when no seeming external reason for it, devotion to practice or lack thereof). Either way she is a sad story. So so so much unrealized potential. To see her now you'd think she was a technical disaster but that really wasn't always so.