2015 Finlandia Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Finlandia Trophy Ice Dance SD and FD

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
That effortless lift out of nowhere at the end of the program was realyl great but I'm not sure about the program overall. It reminds me of their last year FD a lot. Weaver-Poje could do an uplifting FD for a change.

There were some similarities to last year's FD. A certain pose near the middle, during which they held hands, reminded me especially of it.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Andrew is clearly uncomfortable with these twizzles. The whole program is obviously still rough around the edges. Again, needs more speed. And, am I imagining this, or they too have less changes of holds in this FD? Is it really the Tchernyshev effect?

Lota

Record Breaker
Ok, that was... very weak, at least for me. I absolutely loved their Je suis malade back in 2012 and liked all their other programs well enough, but this one just isn't working for me. I hope they change my mind as the season continues, but so far I am not a fan.

TMC

Record Breaker
Wow, so Weaver/Poje's program really does NOT work for me... I was actually bored for a lot of it. Also has he always struggled with twizzles and I've just forgotten, or is this new?

On the plus side, they are both totally gorgeous...

Me neither...and I really wanted to love it :(
Not sure if it showed on video but Andrew looked to be struggling a little in the straight line lift.

Last edited:

robredo40

On the Ice
Weaver and Poje need to leave that coaching team already they are going nowhere with them, the huge red flag was last year at 4CC to get such low levels for their SD so far out in the season was just ridiculous, and Poje struggling with twizzles don`t know if its a new thing or not.

bramweld

Record Breaker
That effortless lift out of nowhere at the end of the program was realyl great but I'm not sure about the program overall. It reminds me of their last year FD a lot. Weaver-Poje could do an uplifting FD for a change.

Yes, they would so kill it.

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Wow!! I love w/p's new fd. Gorgeous!!! I loved the music. Beatifully done. Great to see them supportive at the knc.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Me neither...and I really wanted to love it :(
Nit sure if it showed on video but Andrew looked to be struggling a little in the straight line lift.

The one where he was on one foot? Yup, I was terrified he was going to lose his balance then too...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think WP have potential with this as it's so early in the season… but i am not convinced yet… they are my favourite current team… but I don't connect with the program yet…. doesn't help that the twizzles come right at the beginning and he struggled with it… maybe that's why it was flat for a while as it did seem to get better towards the end… loved the couple last lifts, especially the one armed rotational lift…. gorgeous.

timmybopper

Spectator
Hmm.. W/P got 96.54 for today's FD. As a point of comparison, Piper and Paul got a 96.58 last week at Ondrej Nepela for their new FD! Forget about the battle for World #1, it looks like Weaver and Poje have to be watching their back for their Canadian title first!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree about new coaching… that would help them grow… but is it too late in the quad to do so?
Weaver and Poje need to leave that coaching team already they are going nowhere with them, the huge red flag was last year at 4CC to get such low levels for their SD so far out in the season was just ridiculous, and Poje struggling with twizzles don`t know if its a new thing or not.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
but GP were pretty much flawless last week… and we saw how WP struggled this week… I wouldn't pay too much attention to these scores… I did love GP… i am fine with either one getting ahead but i think that WP will improve this score quite quickly when they don't make such mistakes.
Hmm.. W/P got 96.54 for today's FD. As a point of comparison, Piper and Paul got a 96.58 last week at Ondrej Nepela for their new FD! Forget about the battle for World #1, it looks like Weaver and Poje have to be watching their back for their Canadian title first!

TMC

Record Breaker
Wow the Danes. I was not expecting to prefer them to all of the other teams. They were superb.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
but GP were pretty much flawless last week… and we saw how WP struggled this week… I wouldn't pay too much attention to these scores… I did love GP… i am fine with either one getting ahead but i think that WP will improve this score quite quickly when they don't make such mistakes.

Yeah, isn't this W/P's first competition, or did they skate somewhere else and I didn't happen to see it?

robredo40

On the Ice
I don`t think its too late , but they are training right now with a junior team nobody to really push them i think they should have made the change at the end of last year.