2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete! Updates! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Summer Fan Fest Fete! Updates!

Interspectator

Record Breaker

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Next up: One of Russian silver foxes, Sergei Voronov!!

You can find it here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?53172-Sergei-Voronov&p=1038091#post1038091

I had a hard time finding some of the older vids--so please let mek now if you track down some I may have missed (or if there are videos you want me to add!)

He's had quite the career!

I have a ton of links for Sergei...it'll take me awhile to go through everything, but I'm impressed with what you found already!:bow:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'll say it again. This has to be the best site for any sport. Thank you for all your hard work.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I am really enjoying, when I get a moment, looking at bits from the updated posts. Thanks so much.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
bump

I am going to rename the thread whenever there is a new update.

And the op of this thread now has an index of the dozen OPs we have updated so far, so that it is easy to locate them.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
If we find links we want to use in the OP but we didn't start the thread, can we do a regular post of them in that thread?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A question for Doris and/or Mrs. P

When you were creating the detailed Fan Fest reference posts, what approach did you take for the videos?

It's just that, after gathering together all the videos I can find of Anna Ovcharova, I have found that there are rather a lot more than I expected!

At the moment, I have ALL the video links in my draft post. But, it is far too many to put in the final thread (the draft is currently SIX A4 pages long!!!). So, I am going to have to whittle them down.

Fortunately, for the televised competitions she has competed in over the past couple of seasons, there are multiple videos of each performance. So, that should make it easier.

But what I want to know is: when making out your posts, what criteria did you use for selecting which video to link to? Was it language (preference to English commentary), or picture quality (preference to High Definition)?

Thank you for the inspiration to do this.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't know what Mrs. P uses for criteria, but here's what I use.

1. One video per performance
2. English speaking commentary preferred, British Eurosport for ultimate choice. (all GSers at least read English)
3. Higher quality vid preferred. Recorded from TV rather than streamed preferred.
4. Known youtuber preferred- (less likely to be banned, since they know the drill)

Here's some I use:
frida340
BrauAvitia
0316seisato
NikaQuest
Tanya Suhorokova (crap quality, but she is long term)
3Axel1996
Mike Sutherland

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know what Mrs. P uses for criteria, but here's what I use.

1. One video per performance
2. English speaking commentary preferred, British Eurosport for ultimate choice. (all GSers at least read English)
3. Higher quality vid preferred. Recorded from TV rather than streamed preferred.
4. Known youtuber preferred- (less likely to be banned, since they know the drill)

Here's some I use:
frida340
BrauAvitia
0316seisato
NikaQuest
Tanya Suhorokova (crap quality, but she is long term)
3Axel1996
Mike Sutherland

Thank you, Doris :bow:

Nearly all of the videos that do have multiple copies have at least one of those users represented (mostly Frida), so I will just dispose of the others.

Yeah, inadvertantly getting YouTube users banned is my worry too. As well as competition videos, I also found a lot of videos from Anna's appearances at shows through the years. I know her fans would love them, but I am a little bit concerned that publicising them might get the uploaders in trouble.

But, I suppose if the videos have been up for over a year, then there is less of a chance that they will be taken down now... (fingers crossed!)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
While not necessarily the case, yes, older is better.

As to what gets skating people banned:

Use of a John Lennon song, or other artist with aggressive protection set
French Eurosport, at least one case I know of.
Anything Olympic
The audio only may be blanked (Prince)
Posted something NBC broadcasts before all its rebroadcasts are done. Skate America, wait a year. SKAM can be tricky.
Ice network vids

These are just the ones I know about.

btw, I like frida340 because she records from tv for her British Eurosport coverage, so the audio and video are relatively well synched, and she is a long time youtuber. Her video quality is adequate although not exceptionsl.

Last edited: