2015 Trophée Bompard Ice Dance SD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Trophée Bompard Ice Dance SD

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm interested in seeing the Danish couple. I've heard quite a bit about them.

Also, GO TURKEY!

Alisa Agafonova is the most mesmerizing woman in all of sport.

The guy she dances with is OK-looking, but honestly, the angels themselves would look plain in her company.

nocturnalis

Medalist
CoC was already so boring. Ice dance is my favorite event, so I was looking for CoR to be the biggest showdown.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
CoC was already so boring. Ice dance is my favorite event, so I was looking for CoR to be the biggest showdown.
What has this to do with TEB and P/C's withdrawal from it? There is still going to be a big showdown at CoR as no one has withdrawn from it.

nocturnalis

Medalist
What has this to do with TEB and P/C's withdrawal from it? There is still going to be a big showdown at CoR as no one has withdrawn from it.

Actually has nothing to with them. This event would not have been particularly interesting with them in it unless they had stellar routines. I say this because they (mainly Gabriella) don't actually have good technique. Next week, however will be ver interesting. I bet some of the teams wish they had come to France instead of Russia.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I don't know, I'm VERY sorry that they have to withdraw :sad21: Hopefully Gabriella will be alright.

The only positive side of these news is that TEB will probably be the most unpredictable event of the season. Four teams have roughly even chances to win here, not just to medal. European events are usually more Euro teams friendly, so I would not be surprised if Coomes/Buckland and Stepanova/Bukin will be gold and silver medalists.

Layback11

Record Breaker
This could rival the men's in unpredictability (if not falls, or level of the competitors). Looking forward to it! Will be interesting to see if the judges like H/D or G/P better, as I assume-unless one of them falls or something-that those two teams will go 1-2 (mostly determined by levels and if the judges like their material).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
P/C are still listed for NHK, but it's pretty certain they will not be there. If they aren't withdrawn within another week, Japan won't replace them, which means the medals for NHK will likely go to the Shibs, Hubbell/Donohue and Bobrova/Soloviev, in some order. That pretty much ensures the Shibs make the GPF.

tulosai

Record Breaker
P/C are still listed for NHK, but it's pretty certain they will not be there. If they aren't withdrawn within another week, Japan won't replace them, which means the medals for NHK will likely go to the Shibs, Hubbell/Donohue and Bobrova/Soloviev, in some order. That pretty much ensures the Shibs make the GPF.

Yes I don't understand why they haven't withdrawn from that one too...to be honest, as I've already said, this kind of behavior irks me. I believe skaters who know full well they won't compete should withdraw to let some other team get the place.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
alrighty then.
alrighty for some I guess:laugh:
So I have to go change my preds to
CB,GP,HD

Go S/B & Alisa/Alper!:hap10:

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Quickly ran here to avoid all the sadness of my faves failing in the women's SP. At least here I don't have a fave, so go everyone :)

moriel

Record Breaker
Quickly ran here to avoid all the sadness of my faves failing in the women's SP. At least here I don't have a fave, so go everyone :)

Same for me, i just don´t want to see Liza and her dress.

Lets watch dance, its pretty and everybody is *hopefully* well dressed here

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am rooting for a bunch of teams here, this event is going to be very fun for me!

Kittosuni

Medalist
Stepanova/Bukin better not fck this up. Im in good position in the predictions after the ladies. they better continue the trend!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Yes I don't understand why they haven't withdrawn from that one too...to be honest, as I've already said, this kind of behavior irks me. I believe skaters who know full well they won't compete should withdraw to let some other team get the place.

I think convincing athletes of this level of this is easier said than done. It may be that they are pig headed enough to think they will at least possibly compete. I don't think they are being malicious or doing it for attention... I think honestly they are just often overly optimistic.