2015 World Team Trophy Mens FS Apr 17

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think those are deserved scores

he seemed very in-tune with his program

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I just wish there were an alternative to the ISU stream. Most of the time the quality is so low that I cannot even count the jump rotations ... :eek:hwell:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Off topic, but this ice skating arena always confuses me, what's the deal with the huge pipes in the wall? Whenever I see this arena on a Youtube video those things always distract me. :laugh:

Same here. I keep thinking: can't they at least paint it blue?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Max is ON, but i feel there need to be feathers, otherwise he look too much like a ninja!

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow those are some tight pants Max Aaron's got on. ;)

Although a sad lack of feathers for a black swan program.

(If I was a drinking game person I'd take a swig every time those pipes show up in a shot.)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is like Ashley Wagner's youngest brother, before the transformation into a swan or there are real menace. Hopefully he get better mark!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Max AARON (USA)

Music: Black Swan (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell, Petr I. Tchaikovski

Black costume w/ sheer inserts

4S - bit twofoot
3A+2T
3Lo
FCCoSp3p
StSq
3Lz+3T - hand down
3A - stepout
FCSSp
2Lz+1Lo+3S
1A
2A
ChSt
CCoSp3p

Solid start, but some mistakes later. He seems to have scaled back on the difficulty a bit

FS: 76.29+75.14 = 151.43, 2nd (out of 6)

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Off topic, but this ice skating arena always confuses me, what's the deal with the huge pipes in the wall? Whenever I see this arena on a Youtube video those things always distract me. :laugh:

Isn't this the ice rink that was originally an olympic swimming bassin, or do I confuse it with another hall in Tokyo?

samson

Medalist
maybe it was the Japanese crowd but there was something about the program that was really rousing.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Started off so strong! But so many pops and messy landings. Still very impressive for a program that at the longest he could've had was for 2 months.

From the waist down, Aaron has the body of a male ballet dancer! Those were some revealing pants!

Rissa

Record Breaker
I must give one thing to Max: when he pops his jumps, he does it with flair and makes it look cool.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Huh. I think I like the program, especially the second half. If all the jumps hit, it'll have quite the impact, since it showcases his powerful skating. It's just not quite there yet--second half jumps were rough by Max's standards. As well as the final spin.

MasterB

Final Flight
Well, there is something I thought I would never see, Maxx doing Swan Lake.

Good Job Max. I saw some lines coming through.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Isn't this the ice rink that was originally an olympic swimming bassin, or do I confuse it with another hall in Tokyo?

Actually I think you're right, because a video of it I saw on Youtube once had the diving platform still in it. Now that was really distracting!

Aww Aaron-san, cute! :biggrin:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Fantastic, well done Max, I'd put him ALOT closer to Maxim Kovtun (is there really 4 points separate them in PCS?), but oh well... it is very positive progress. His PCS should climb steadily next year hopefully.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
I think Max should keep the program next season. It has some room to develop into something special.