2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Liza does not look like her usual self today, very slow, and even slower into her jumps, hence little height for jumps. Since I tool her performance for granted, I am very disappointed at her performance today.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I just want to say I'm so happy that Polina is back, and relieved and thrilled that she is in better form than ever. She is a treasure.

Lipea

Final Flight
...and is (conveniently) 13-16yo. ;)

Voronov showed his best seasons with Eteri, and he was way older ;)

I guess I have to repeat myself: Eteri is only in her early-40s and she started to coach only in 2009, which is VERY recent for the coach. Obviously, she did not have a whole group of young talents with big potential from the beginning. She started to make her a name with Shelepen, then Yulia and Voronov, and gradually she could become more selective in terms of whom to take in her group. And the funds did not come immediately . Plus she seem to learn a lot as a coach with each student.
Consequently, younger = better results. They did not have time to grow up yet.
So how in the earth she could have students now older than 16-17?

Lipea

Final Flight
Rewatched Stanislava - she had so much fire there!!!! The speed seemed to be unbeliavable - looked like cameras could barely follow her.
She is 16; which means she most likely will be the next senior girl from Russia in her debut (Olympic) season.
Also, at the end of last season she (with a fall) beat clean Sotskova at local championship.
And she trains with the same coach as Kolyada.
Looking forward to see her tomorrow!

bosskil

Match Penalty
Consequently, younger = better results. They did not have time to grow up yet.?
Exactly, it's natural skills and athleticism development, so where is the sense in pointing out to the fact, that every skater shows his/her best WHILE trains under her guidance?

Had you or me trained them since the very young age, they would have most likely been showing their best at 13-16 years of age as well (barring the injury)... :biggrin:

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
In 1997. But she got a lot more opportunities in 2008 only.

In 2008 she started coaching at her current place. What was before (often off-ice) should not be counted as professional coaching.
Anyway, you guys are simply ridiculous. Does it really hurt you so much, that someone came from nowhere and just for a few years got success in coaching like many best coaches in the world haven't seen? bosskil, trying so hard to ignore my clear points and observations, only to diminish the work of a hard-working young and supersuccesful coach, to desperately find and then wave like with a flag with anything that could be potentially one day negative about her work. What's wrong with you, what did she do wrong to you, or how could you possibly be so miserable to do it? Maybe you should try to be a Figure skating coach... maybe you will achieve a huge success and then everyone could discuss your work :)

Lipea

Final Flight
Exactly, it's natural skills and athleticism development, so where is the sense in pointing out to the fact, that every skater shows his/her best WHILE trains under her guidance?

Had you or me trained them since the very young age, they would have most likely been showing their best at 13-16 years of age as well (barring the injury)... :biggrin:

Go ahead. Train one. :laugh2:

Lipea

Final Flight

And all other skating coaches are simply fools, because in their hands young students don't win JGPs, Nationals, Europeans, Worlds, etc. due to their "natural skills and athleticism development" so common and simply attained in their ages :sarcasm:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Is there a mime college that Eteri's students have been attending lately? Polina actually has a nice program here but I just can't enjoy those stand still dramatics. Seriously y'all....

Judge number 3 went all out today :laugh:

lol, tell me about it.....too much stand still acting from her students, it's rather cheesy.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
I also hope Tsurskaya finds her own unique style. She is technically far more capable than Medvedeva.

I must say though that it seems like she has lost a bit of muscle since last year? She had such an athletic physique and now seems quite thin. Am I crazy?

Her body type reminds me of Polina edmunds and Carolina Kostner. She jumps high, but again, another average Russian skater, I'm just not impressed.

So far, of all the new junior men and women I've seen, the only skating that touched me and I find inspiring is from Jun Hwan Cha. His long program to il postino at yokohama was so gorgeous, what an amazing skater, another passionate skater like yuzuru, maybe not as technically good, but rivals yuzuru performance wise, perhaps even better. Another skater that comes close in terms of performance is USA's Alexei Krasnozhon. But so far, I haven't discovered any new juniors lady whose skating I found is a combination of raw passion, musicality, and technique.

Meoima

Match Penalty
lol, tell me about it.....too much stand still acting from her students, it's rather cheesy.
oh please, Polina's issue is not her SS or her choregraphy or her jumps, she was gangly last season. This season they have tried to make her look more elegant and it works. It's a great improvement. I don't know what people could ask more. She is just 15 please!

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Rewatched some programs.

It seems, that Shiraiwa Yuna is heavily underscored in PCS. I can't see the difference between her and Konstantinova's & Tsurskaia's in SS, TR, PE, CH, IN in one point or more, that is shown in scoresheets. On my mind - all three of them jhad to recieve the same PCS points or near that....

Meoima

Match Penalty
Her body type reminds me of Polina edmunds and Carolina Kostner. She jumps high, but again, another average Russian skater, I'm just not impressed.
Yet most feds in the world will LOVE to have just an average skater like Polina. :rofl2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
well it's true, at least for me. Haven't discovered any russian lady skater that impresses me, and there seems to be a lot of them coming up from junior ranks. Same for the Japanese women. No one except Jun Hwan Cha impressed me.
It is your issue, not the FS's world. Fans with common sense all know that such a talent like Polina is rare. Do you know how much crossovers she did in her SP last season? Only 7!
Do you know the only other skater who did only 7 crossovers in a SP last season? Yuzuru Hanyu.
You don't like Polina's style, OK. But she is NOT AVERAGE AT ALL. She is definitely among the top 3 of most talented juniors ever.