2016 JGP Mordovia Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Pairs FS

s_parks

Record Breaker
Great energy, nice clean elements. And a Russian pair girl in juniors with triples! They should go senior next year.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hope they don't split up Gao/Xie. They're pretty young and Sui proves that yes, you can improve on your jumps.

Just remember. This is the guy that changes partner every year.

I don't know if it is the Federation experimenting; or if he is hard to work with; or if he is one of these skaters that expects instant success and wants to change if that doesn't happen.

But, he had a good partner a few years ago (Zhang Mingyang), and they still split.

Sorry for my pessimism. But, I'm going by past experience.

CaroLiza_fan

s_parks

Record Breaker

I don't know if it is the Federation experimenting; or if he is hard to work with; or if he is one of these skaters that expects instant success and wants to change if that doesn't happen.

But, he had a good partner a few years ago (Zhang Mingyang), and they still split.

CaroLiza_fan

I highly doubt he has a choice, it's most likely the fed changing his partners. I mean, you can't even pick your own choreographer. Considering that they split peng and her former partner(a promising pair, from what i heard) to shove her off to zhang and how they single handedly sabotaged their own program this summer, I'm not surprised about xie and zhang splitting.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

CaroLiza_fan

Maybe he learnt finally that it isn't the way and give a chance his partner? If not, he doesn't deserve succes anyway.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
No. They killed stream. I wanted to watch Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII.:( What an awful stream :(

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hey, it's not over quite yet (despite what the stream may think!) The second placed couple is still to go.

CaroLiza_fan

They only had chances if M/M would make mistake and they didn't. Given the fact M/M had cushion from SP, they won. For sure.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Mishina / Mirzoev .. wow
I just hope she doesn't outgrow him

well done Ossetian boy :agree:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
B/K just won a fan there. I see potential, but most of all I like their personalities based on what I see in Kiss and Cry ))

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I highly doubt he has a choice, it's most likely the fed changing his partners. I mean, you can't even pick your own choreographer. Considering that they split peng and her former partner(a promising pair, from what i heard) to shove her off to zhang and how they single handedly sabotaged their own program this summer, I'm not surprised about xie and zhang splitting.

Good point. I haven't seen Peng Cheng / Zhang Tianci, but I have heard the same comments.

And then they go and split Yu / Jin when that experiment didn't go as well as they hoped.

So, when you take all this together, it probably is more likely that it is the Federation experimenting.

Maybe he learnt finally that it isn't the way and give a chance his partner? If not, he doesn't deserve succes anyway.

My thoughts exactly! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Boikova/Kozlovski had the highest BV! They lost in FS to B/S on quality of elements and PCS.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I think somebody has put 50p in the meter now.

Where's Sugarpova? Scorpions are on!
I was @ the bar drinking Long Island:dance3:
& judging by men's results shoud have ordered another one :dev2:
but I do like this year & lots & lots of Scorpions progs! Tho they seem to be know only 2 songs - 'Maybe I maybe U' & 'Still loving...':palmf: where are the other great ballads from all the variety of albums?

congrats to the top 3:thumbsup:

Loved chinese also
the split is a dangerous thing:slink:

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A very, very impressive skate from M/M to earn them a clear and commanding victory. Same music as last year but the elements have been changed. They are two very good performers, especially him, I think they should have been a little higher in PCS. Two triple jumps, one in a 3 jump combo with a triple triple combo in the works. They are going to be a real challenge to D/B. I think I would have them as a Russian Number 1 at the moment with A/S not to far behind.

Considering her recent illness, B/S competed very well. Their pair elements were very impressive but her jumps were not present yesterday. It was interesting to note that the Russian Fed didn't want them to compete here but they insisted. I think for both programmes the music was a bit big for them but if they get back to full strength they should be okay.

A very impressive debut for B/K, both new to pairs and deliver a programme with the highest BV. Also a programme with two triples SBS, the loop and toe. I liked their short, the long not as much, I thought they were lost in the music. But plenty to admire, hopefully she won't grow much more. As things stand the have a bright future. I also like the Chinese, they have a great twist, but I think the music was bit fast for them.