2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Sorry, yes, Jin is Chinese, I'm getting sleepy. I edited my post to add though that Yamato Tamura is in fact Japanese and is 1.74 m to Hanyu's 1.71.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Although he's Japanese American, Alex Shibutani is 6 feet tall. So that still counts, right? Even though he's an ice dancer born and raised in the USA.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Yep, that's true. There's also a cultural taboo of people touching in couple dancing, which explains their hesitation for ballroom dancing and of course pairs dance. (Those in Japan can correct me if I'm wrong here.)

I don't think that's so much a thing anymore, but I could be wrong. It was a couple of decades ago, so that would cut short the amount of time for a tradition to form

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
He's Chinese.

He's Chinese though. ;)

Boyang is Chinese?

I think Boyang is from China.

I think he's chinese though not Japanese.

Boyang is Chinese. I am asking Japanese.

Oops! lol.

Sorry, yes, Jin is Chinese, I'm getting sleepy. I edited my post to add though that Yamato Tamura is in fact Japanese and is 1.74 m to Hanyu's 1.71.

:laugh::laugh2::rofl:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
These 3 chinese couples are nice and elegant and David Wilson gave all three of them really snoozy music. But the Wangs skated well. I love her dress.

mrrice

Record Breaker
When I was on tour we saw plenty of tall and very attractive men when we attended a Basketball Game. I would imagine their volleyball players are tall as well. I think it's a sport related thing. When you see Rudy Galindo in person you'd never think he could lift any skater over his head..........Until you Kristi...........Tiny.

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wang / Wang: Solid triple twist followed by equally strong 3T+2T (edit: actually double-footed). Only a 2S, likely due to them being VERY far apart. Low landing for the throw 3Lo but clean (edit: actually seems like she put a hand-down). Much better throw 3S with a soft landing. An extra turn from Xuehan in the side-by-side spins, but still very good unison. The program itself could match the dynamism and nuance of the classical music. Both of them tend to have the same level of energy throughout the program so there isn't a lot of light and shade. Strong but a bit flat.

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Such an improvement for COC! I'm so happy for them!

glorybox6

Final Flight
The Wangs' overall skating skills look much improved over last season, but this program is a SNOOOOOOOZE.

They are getting the shaft when it comes to programs among the Chinese pairs this season. I wonder if they feel overlooked amid all the excitement/attention given to the Yu/Zhang/Peng/Jin switcheroo?

MIM

Medalist
Wang Wang I am uso happy for you!!!
That was the best skate I have seen from them!!!!

I found her face mismatched at one point to the music, otherwise very strong and solid clean performance.

This is the class of China No.4 pair team.:drama: