2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
W/W went with soft romance, but what they excel in are happy programs. I want Xuehan's sunshine smile from start to finish; it'll also earn bonus PCS points :biggrin:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Although he's Japanese American, Alex Shibutani is 6 feet tall. So that still counts, right?

My take is not that there are not tall Japanese boys, rather that they choose other sports.
Shibutani was born in the US, where there is a more varied tradition (lately, at any rate), and I think he and his sister chose skating together - I mean they skated together since they were children?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And I wouldn't say 1.74 is tall. I'm 1.65 and I'm certainly not tall. Most male pair skaters are over 6 feet it seems.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
It's so amazing perfect that he is super tall and she is short, speaking of siblings, that's a huge variation.
My take is not that there are not tall Japanese boys, rather that they choose other sports.
Shibutani was born in the US, where there is a more varied tradition (lately, at any rate), and I think he and his sister chose skating together - I mean they skated together since they were children?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Fair enough. :yes: That's all true of the Shibs.