2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP

MsSweetie

Rinkside
Really disappointed in the scores for S/B (or rather the reason for the scores-missed jumps)

Pretty sure they would have only gotten credit with SBS 2loops and a fall, which might be the main reason for the scores being so low. Either way, I definitely think they should be at least a little higher, considering their quality overall... but I'm no expert. :scratch3:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yes, that is probably a PB for Camille and Drew.

They formed as a team last year. This is only his 3rd season in pairs. Drew Wolfe previously an ice dancer and singles skater. He competed one season with another partner and then was rematched with Camille Ruest.

No their PB was made at Autumn Classic this season and that was awesome to watch.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING REMIX OF MICHAEL JACKSON. That song has more than 2 f'ing lines you know.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
THIS IS THE MOST ANNOYING REMIX OF MICHAEL JACKSON. That song has more than 2 f'ing lines you know.

And don't even get me started on that ear f**k they had the kids in the opening ceremony skate to,
Nightmares much after practicing to that every day ?

TGee

Record Breaker
No their PB was made at Autumn Classic this season and that was awesome to watch.

Yep, just checked the ISU database and Ruest/Wolfe had 64.4 for the SP there....

But this one was looking a bit stronger technically to me....

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
lost the stream there..I'd have an opinion but I didn't see any of the big elements.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
E/K have promise, but my goodness that was a juniors program. And if they were actually listening to their music during their step sequence, I would be VERY surprised.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Why is TAT happy that Alexander Zaitsev is working? She said so at the beginning of the program.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The unfamiliar young Russian team has a lot of promise. The huge twist and throw were good although they still need to work on the rest.

Lota

Record Breaker
So many new favourites for me today :laugh: They seem like they'll be a nice pair to look out for in the future as well, looking forward to seeing their FP tomorrow. And that 2nd position in the lift was awesome!