2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, and I will say Bruno in particular improved tremendously from last week. There was actual performance in that performance.

Really fun program.

I was thinking of you -- I thought he looked less frat boyish. :D

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
They should take a lead - I expect 78-79 points, they can give a run for their money to Duhamel / Radford this year :) For some reason I enjoyed this program the last time though.

Aliona/Bruno 77.55

Lota

Record Breaker
Great event, really enjoyed watching! The real shame is that there are only 6 teams performing :(

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Some of these camera angles show a background of nothing but empty seats as far as you can see. Do they intentionally keep the end loges empty like that? Not even a single person sitting there.

That's was a great last group, loved the reaction to S/M's SP. Way better sbs salchows this time :party: new PB for them

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I was thinking of you -- I thought he looked less frat boyish. :D

It's a program to sass it out, ham it up. The thing is most frat guys type are embarrassed to do that, because it thinks it will make them look foolish. They don't understand that is exactly what the audience wants--not that they look like fools, but that they look like they're having fun not only with the choreography, but with the audience as well.

And yeah Sophy, he's never going to be described as "light on his feet," but compared to last week that was Astaire-level improvement.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Tarasova/Morozov have a fun swing program, but it's got to be tough going right before Savchenko/Massot. T/M are almost automatically at a disadvantage just because they don't have Aliona. :love: How on earth did she stop herself from falling on that 3A?

Trewyn

Medalist
Haven't watched pairs in a while. I like Aliona and I like Bruno, so it should've been amazing but I'm not a huge fan of the program. Still good for them for rising to the top of pairs skating!

Tarasova/Morozov have great speed!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some of these camera angles show a background of nothing but empty seats as far as you can see. Do they intentionally keep the end loges empty like that? Not even a single person sitting there.

Yes, they do not sell tickets near the ends. To be fair, its a really big arena and would look quite sparse if the sold seats throughout the entire arena.

gibbynka

On the Ice
Did the top 3 pairs all get PBs? Congratulations! I enjoyed the last group very very much :love: And Vanessa and Morgan were also good :)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm the same age as Aliona, she's getting chucked into the air like a two ounce frisbee on the daily and meanwhile here I am lucky I don't fall down the stairs from a standstill when I'm not even anywhere close to a staircase. :laugh:

Lysambre

Final Flight

When the place isn't full, in France they tend to just not open a side of the stands.

Don't ask me why, because I have no idea, but that's the way it is (even if I don't think it's a good idea).