2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Dimitra Korri of Greece for D'Artagnan. That is one of the high points of the night for me.

Some more:

Brandon Kerry did Karne proud. Both Elladj Balde's programs were fantastic (as always), but with jump errors that took him out of contention, so I don't know if that would be a high or a low.

Sean Rabbitt is another fantastic performer, but his difficulty isn't enough to compete for the top.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean's short was definitely a top 3 for me. And super kudos to Mariah for skating so well despite the obvious issues--was her costume hooked into her hair or something?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Mariah doesn't podium I"m going to be :dev2:

Edit: Yaassssss. SECOND. Go Mariah!!! :yahoo:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Some more:

Brandon Kerry did Karne proud. Both Elladj Balde's programs were fantastic (as always), but with jump errors that took him out of contention, so I don't know if that would be a high or a low.

Sean Rabbitt is another fantastic performer, but his difficulty isn't enough to compete for the top.

Sean's done amazing given where he started. He used to be a bottom of the Nationals field skater and went from that to being a top 10 skater who gets international assignments.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I'm so happy for Mariah, not just because she skated so well but because she looked so happy. She seems like a different person since switching coaches.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah!! I am over the moon. I first saw her at 2015 nationals when she had a break out skate, and since then she seems to have struggled.

But this was fabulous. As soon as she hit the 3Lz-3T I felt it was going to be a great skate for her. She really does the music proud .... although I do have some quibbles with the musical cuts, sorry Rohene.

I'm so proud of Mariah!

that was funny with the neck thing. I noticed her touching her neck several times during the program and wondered ... I also liked that she posed the pic in K&C.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have two blog posts to write after this is done. HALP MEH :slink:

(Please comment suggestions for things I should include in a Top 10 Highs/Lows post for this event! Already in: Aimee Buchanan and Karen Chen for highs, Elizabet Tursynbaeva for lows.)

Did you mean all the events, not just the Ladies? Because I'd include Hubbell/Donahue. Really, as a whole, I thought the dance discipline was overall best. And that surprises me, because I'm not a dance uber. But I really liked it this year, esp. the SD with blues, hip hop and swing. (in that order)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Satoko...always steady and reliable. Some parts of her LP I loved some parts need more commitment. The weird parts of her music have some delightfully odd choreography that she needs to really go for to be effective. But she's so consistent and the sweeping areas of the music suited her to a T. Also her dress is beautiful. :love:

Nathan13

Medalist
I think Karen had the victory of the night after that disappointing SP...I don't know how long its been since she stayed on her feet the entire time. I she builds on this!!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
No 3A from Satoko? I heard somewhere she was practicing it and she might try it out this competition. It turns out it's not reliable.

andyjo24

Medalist
Woah Dabin's PCS is crazy low: 41.60. Wow...That was really harsh...

SS: 6.05
T: 4.90
P: 5.05
C: 5.45
I: 4.55

Never before have I ever seen such a big difference between the SS and other elements.

matscol

Rinkside
Some more:

I second the mention of Elladj Balde's programs. I like the choice of FS music, what an ambitious program. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Woah Dabin's PCS is crazy low: 41.60. Wow...That was really harsh...

SS: 6.05
T: 4.90
P: 5.05
C: 5.45
I: 4.55

Never before have I ever seen such a big difference between the SS and other elements.

JGP PCS tends to vary a lot, but that's more between judges. (At least in the competitions I looked at...)

andyjo24

Medalist
JGP PCS tends to vary a lot, but that's more between judges. (At least in the competitions I looked at...)

But this isn't a JGP competition. It's a Senior B competition.

I know that Da Bin isn't the most artistic skater, but wow, 41....... That is just very, very low.:shocked:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
What in the world happened to Elizabet? I tuned in late and missed her program. She fell four times?! Injured perhaps?

I did notice yesterday that she didn't seem to have noticeably improved from last season, which is troubling.