2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD

Ekm

On the Ice
They have by far the best chemistry and connection of all the couples currently competing (not just American couples).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hubbell/Donahue~ deep purple costumes, to "Hallelujah." Lovely speed and flow. Charlie notes that it manages to feel almost like a free dance. But isn't that nice when they make the compulsory steps feel like they are their own? Still impressed with how they've reinvented themselves this year.

They should have made it a FD and I would have applauded enthusiastically. But it's not a true waltz.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
So after the disasterous pairs and ladies, wasn't it nice to watch an event where virtually everyone brought their "A" game?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I think we got our world team..looks like a fight for pewter.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
"The Tchaikovsky music is a little unforgiving..." That's the meanest thing Charlie's said all competition :laugh2:

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Zucker/Sitiks~ lavender, skating to Tchaikovsky. Slow and a bit clunky, I hate to say. They seem happy to be here. I wonder about the fitness level, training, and coaching.

Oh gosh, I'm so mean. Sorry!

Ekm

On the Ice
yeah but this year C&B have a crap fd, while the Shibs have their best material yet , I know the result will be controversial tomorrow.

No bias at all there :eyeroll:. Honestly the Shibs could fall and everyone else could be on point, and some of their fans would still be complaining about how robbed they were. Takes a ton of enjoyment out of the reading the threads, and fair or not it affects my enjoyment of the Shibs.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No bias at all there :eyeroll:. Honestly the Shibs could fall and everyone else could be on point, and some of their fans would still be complaining about how robbed they were. Takes a ton of enjoyment out of the reading the threads, and fair or not it affects my enjoyment of the Shibs.

Actually the poster you quoted is a Weaver and Poje fan. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tell her congrats for making it to Nats! That in itself is a great accomplishment. :clap:

Of course! And if anyone wants to know how I know her, I used to go to the same ballet school as her for a few years and she's a member from the same synagogue I'm a member of. Though she goes to college in Delaware now.