2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Someone posted somewhere that if you got on the green line at Copley station, headed for the North Station, you had to get on a specific train? And maybe visa versa? Could you clarify that? From the trip planner, it LOOKS like one takes Green Line E Lechmere to the arena and green line C Cleaveland back to Copley. I know that if you board the orange line at Back Bay, there is only one train (Oak Grove) and it goes to North Station and visa versa/
http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/tri...AM&sDate=3/23/2016&Min=T&mode=A&Walkdist=0.50

Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
Someone posted somewhere that if you got on the green line at Copley station, headed for the North Station, you had to get on a specific train? And maybe visa versa? Could you clarify that? From the trip planner, it LOOKS like one takes Green Line E Lechmere to the arena and green line C Cleaveland back to Copley. I know that if you board the orange line at Back Bay, there is only one train (Oak Grove) and it goes to North Station and visa versa/
http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/tri...AM&sDate=3/23/2016&Min=T&mode=A&Walkdist=0.50

Green lines merge after Copley Station (towards the direction of Lechmere), but some trains only go for so far and reach the final destination before Lechmere. They do this because very few people take the train to Lechmere, it would be a waste to start or end all green lines there.
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=GREEN
If you are taking the train from Copley to North Station,get on ones that say towards Lechmere or North Station, if you see one towards Park Street or Government Center with plenty of empty seats, you can get on as well, you just have to get off at the final destination and get on the train behind you that's marked for Lechmere or North Station.
I don't know if they still do this, but when I took the Green line regularly few years back there's sometimes the "express train", basically the conductor will suddenly announce that your train is now not stopping at any stops between "X" and "Y" stations and if you wish to get off at any of the stops in between you need to get off now and get on the train behind you. I think they do this when there's two trains very close in proximity heading in the same direction.
When you travel from North Station to Copley Square, you can get on any trains in the inbound direction because all lines stop at Copley.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I the only one trying to plan an outfit out to wear to when I go watch?

No! Haha I spent an hour yesterday planning what I was going to pack... it involves warm sweatpants on the bottom, so I'm trying to make up for my lack of style with cute everything else. :laugh:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No! Haha I spent an hour yesterday planning what I was going to pack... it involves warm sweatpants on the bottom, so I'm trying to make up for my lack of style with cute everything else. :laugh:

The only thing I KNOW I'm wearing are my black jeans and my black high-top converses. I'm even planning my socks. I'm even going to try to get my nails done specifically done for it. I'm going to have to print out a nail template to give to the people at the nail salon to follow (Where I go, the people who work there are Vietnamese and some don't speak the best English so that's why I'll bring a template with designs). And I need to figure out which headband or hair accessories I'll wear. I LOVE wearing cute headbands with ribbon or bows or ribbons when going to watch figure skating events, concerts, etc...And I really need to figure out a cool shirt to wear.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
regarding to this does anyone know if the Arena is cold or rather warm?

Mrs. P said she remembers it being not super cold, but that a coat, hat, and mittens are recommended. I'm guessing even a not super cold arena is going to feel cold after sitting still for six hours. :D

(edited to make a sentence clearer)

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I read elsewhere that Alexander Majorov has withdrawn. His withdrawal has made a small change in the schedule - Monday Men's practice will start at 7:30 a.m. rather than 7:00 a.m.

Team Norway:

Ladies - Anne Line Gjersem

Team Sweden:

Ladies - Joshi Helgesson
Men - Alexander Majorov

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is some clarification, additional info, from the LOC which I received by email.

•TD Garden has a no water bottle policy.

•Spectators are kindly asked not to bring tablets or selfie sticks to the events at TD Garden as they impede the enjoyment of other fans.

•Reasonably sized women's purses are fine, but if your purse looks like it could double as a piece of luggage, it is probably too big.

•The arena WILL be cleared on Wednesday between the short dance and the Opening Ceremonies

•If you have specific policy questions, please contact the TD Garden at 617.624.1331

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Green lines merge after Copley Station (towards the direction of Lechmere), but some trains only go for so far and reach the final destination before Lechmere. They do this because very few people take the train to Lechmere, it would be a waste to start or end all green lines there.
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=GREEN
If you are taking the train from Copley to North Station,get on ones that say towards Lechmere or North Station, if you see one towards Park Street or Government Center with plenty of empty seats, you can get on as well, you just have to get off at the final destination and get on the train behind you that's marked for Lechmere or North Station.
I don't know if they still do this, but when I took the Green line regularly few years back there's sometimes the "express train", basically the conductor will suddenly announce that your train is now not stopping at any stops between "X" and "Y" stations and if you wish to get off at any of the stops in between you need to get off now and get on the train behind you. I think they do this when there's two trains very close in proximity heading in the same direction.
When you travel from North Station to Copley Square, you can get on any trains in the inbound direction because all lines stop at Copley.

Thanks! I will copy and paste your info into my notes...Did you say there are conductors???
I like the orange line...its so simple even I can understand it!
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/default.asp?route=ORANGE

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Am I the only one trying to plan an outfit out to wear to when I go watch?

NO! I never know. One never knows anything except layer layer layer. Arenas can be somewhat dirty so dont bring your best coat. I wouldnt bring a $400 pair of shoes, either.
Mrs P shot down my idea of all of us wearing formal Downton Abby attire and I couldnt figure out if I needed a black tie or white tie so that was that anyway.
The ten day forecast (If you can believe those) is getting alittle less wet but I would be prepared to withstand some drizzel at least....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
And chitter chatter during the resurfacing breaks--since we can't leave I'm definitely planning on "visit the GSers" tours during all the resurfacing. :biggrin:

Many of us go and walk the concourse during breaks to get the blood moving. You are bound to see the usual suspects there.....

nguyhm

On the Ice
Here is some clarification, additional info, from the LOC which I received by email.

•TD Garden has a no water bottle policy.

•Spectators are kindly asked not to bring tablets or selfie sticks to the events at TD Garden as they impede the enjoyment of other fans.

•Reasonably sized women's purses are fine, but if your purse looks like it could double as a piece of luggage, it is probably too big.

•The arena WILL be cleared on Wednesday between the short dance and the Opening Ceremonies

•If you have specific policy questions, please contact the TD Garden at 617.624.1331
This is upsetting, I wish the rules were changed for the better they were for the worse instead. I thought we could bring in unopened water bottles and tablets :noshake:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I find all the changes very confusing! I checked the frequently asked questions on the Worlds 2016 website and there is no mention of tablets not being allowed. The TD Garden website only bans laptops. Honestly, how can they expect people to know tablets are banned when the only people being told are reading message boards!

Allowing the sealed water bottle was changed and then fans wanted to know if they could bring in empty bottles. I attended U. S. Nationals in St. Paul in January and we were allowed to bring in empty bottles. But, TD Garden says no empty bottles and no sealed full bottles.

Here is a thought - if you purchase a bottle of water you might want to leave it in the cup holder when you clear the arena or you will not be able to bring that bottle back in for the next event. I seem to remember that there were cup holders, but if not, maybe leave the bottle on your seat. Don't try concealing it or it might be thought to be suspicious and get you in trouble.

This is upsetting, I wish the rules were changed for the better they were for the worse instead. I thought we could bring in unopened water bottles and tablets :noshake: