2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 92 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

hanca

Record Breaker

Because she is in. There is no possible way there can be six girls with better result than her. Five yes, but not six, which means in worse case she would be the sixth one to qualify. The only combinations better than her is 1st &1st, 1st & 2nd and 1st &3rd with higher score total. 2nd &2nd is lower than 1st & 3rd. So if you get counting, Trusova got two first places and Tarakanova got one, so there will be only four first places left. Even if all four first place skaters had as a second event second place to have a better result than her, Tarakanova would be sixth qualifier.

madison

Record Breaker
Wow, what's going on?!?!? A lot of strong opinions on the last 2 upcoming JGPs.
If I remember, Guliakova is the girl with a different body type than the other minuscule Russian wunderkinds? So I was rooting for her... until I saw her snooze programs...😕
And Panenkova is the one who won an event despite a poor free skate to a Celine Dion song. But I think she has many fans in this thread?
And Kostornaia is the girl that is injured?
Alena Kostornaia is this girl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZoG-bmRM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNpyjicfljE
She skated very well at Open Moscow, she is very polished for her age.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just watched Sofia Samodurova's FS. It seems she enjoys her skating and has grown up a lot. I like her presentation in both programs this season.
But her jumps are not high, kind like Alissa F.'s jumps. Now I remember last year many people commented her jumps are "Satoko's jumps"

russianfan

Match Penalty
Just watched Sofia Samodurova's FS. It seems she enjoys her skating and has grown up a lot. I like her presentation in both programs this season.
But her jumps are not high, kind like Alissa F.'s jumps. Now I remember last year many people commented her jumps are "Satoko's jumps"

wow, I actually thought exactly the same while watching her! her jumps looks very similar to japanese technique - small height, fast rotations

Because she is in. There is no possible way there can be six girls with better result than her. Five yes, but not six, which means in worse case she would be the sixth one to qualify. The only combinations better than her is 1st &1st, 1st & 2nd and 1st &3rd with higher score total. 2nd &2nd is lower than 1st & 3rd. So if you get counting, Trusova got two first places and Tarakanova got one, so there will be only four first places left. Even if all four first place skaters had as a second event second place to have a better result than her, Tarakanova would be sixth qualifier.
oh really? nice news for me! thx for the information

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Alena Kostornaia is this girl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZoG-bmRM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNpyjicfljE
She skated very well at Open Moscow, she is very polished for her age.

Thanks.
So, Kostornaia is an Eteri girl who just might be invited to the last 2 JGPs? It'll be difficult for her to skate at back to back events, right?
I don't understand how all these girls can get assignments when there are only 2 events left. Only 2 will go next week, then another 2 the following week, right?

madison

Record Breaker
Thanks.
So, Kostornaia is an Eteri girl who just might be invited to the last 2 JGPs? It'll be difficult for her to skate at back to back events, right?
I don't understand how all these girls can get assignments when there are only 2 events left. Only 2 will go next week, then another 2 the following week, right?
Difficult, but not impossible. We shall see who will skate in the last 2 events. 2 are for sure Daria and Sofia who won gold.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Thanks.

things are getting crazy, right? oversupply of talents...
no matter how RusFed will decide, someone is gonna be disappointed

Myslitel

On the Ice
Alena needs scored 182+ and got gold to have that 2nd assignment (if she still have that 1st assignment). but Guliakova looked strong and ready, she recently win Russian cup(?) with over 200 points... all pressure is on Panekova though, i wonder how she'll do in Poland

Not "Russian Cup".:) Nastya Gulyakova won 1st stage of Russian Cup among senior ladies. It is, more or less, same system as at World Grand Prix: 5 stages and a final.

For me both alternatives that possible now - evil:

To deprive Nastya Gulyakova of a second GP after she won silver already at the first stage of JGP - an obvious evil. She won of all foreigner skaters at Brisbain, won of all except Trusova. If in her place were Panenkova, or Samodurova or even Tarakanova - they also could got only 2nd place. Why she worse than they? She had two clean programs, and plenty of time to got 2nd GP. But she still did not got it. This is a mockery of an athlete, shame on you RusFed! So, to deprive Nastya Gulyakova of a second GP - an obvious evil.
To deprive Alena Kostornaya of a stage of JGP (or even two) is also evil.
The only possible "kind" option - everything stays as it is, Kostornaya performs in Poland, and becomes there third (or the second, but with score worse than has Gulyakova) - looks stupidly: let's send Kostornaya to the GP and let's hope that she will lost.

Summarizing: all these games "Konstantinova-as-a-junior-skater" led to the expected finale. Let's see how Fed will got out from this trap. My prediction - they will not change anything: the disposition was clear beforehand. Kostornaya will perform in Poland, and either she or Gulyakova will had only one stage of JGP.

madison

Record Breaker
Not "Russian Cup".:) Nastya Gulyakova won 1st stage of Russian Cup among senior ladies. It is, more or less, same system as at World Grand Prix: 5 stages and a final.

To deprive Nastya Gulyakova of a second GP after she won silver already at the first stage of JGP - an obvious evil. She won of all foreigner skaters at Brisbain, won of all except Trusova. If in her place were Panenkova, or Samodurova or even Tarakanova - they also could got only 2nd place. Why she worse than they? She had two clean programs, and plenty of time to got 2nd GP. But she still did not got it. This is a mockery of an athlete, shame on you RusFed! So, to deprive Nastya Gulyakova of a second GP - an obvious evil.
The only possible "kind" option - everything stays as it is, Kostornaya performs in Poland, and becomes there third (or the second, but with score worse than has Gulyakova) - looks stupidly: let's send Kostornaya to the GP and let's hope that she will lost.

Summarizing: all these games "Konstantinova-as-a-junior-skater" led to the expected finale. Let's see how Fed will got out from this trap. My prediction - they will not change anything: the disposition was clear beforehand. Kostornaya will perform in Poland, and either she or Gulyakova will had only one stage of JGP.

Yes, it would have been better for everyone if Konstantinova has been competed in Seniors this season. And I don't know why the Fed gave Alisa a spot, because I don't think she was better at test skate than at Minsk.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Yeah, in Poland will be Eunsoo. Also, JapFed could replace someone to Rika/Nana there. + Daria. Stanislava needs the first place. Or the second with better scores than Mako's.

madison

Record Breaker
Yeah, in Poland will be Eunsoo. Also, JapFed could replace someone to Rika/Nana there. + Daria. Stanislava needs the first place. Or the second with better scores than Mako's.

Yeah, don't think Konstantinova has chances to win an event :shocked:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
If RusFed isn't stupid it should be

JGP Poland:
- Daria Panenkova
- Alena Kostornaya (but she will need at least a silver with an higher combined score than Gulyakova to get the 2nd spot)

JGP Italy:
- Sofia Samodurova
- Anastasia Gulyakova / Alena Kostornaya.

Sorry Konstantinova fans but she has less chance than these girls to qualify.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Yeah, don't think Konstantinova has chances to win an event :shocked:

Well, Daria has 185.80 points, Eunsoo - 186.34, Stanislava - 181.98. RusFed could think, "It's not a big gap, and if she'll be clean she will beat them all, so let's take a risk".

tars

Record Breaker
About Sonya... I almost cried with her in the KnC... :sad4: She is so light and pure person... I'm very happy for her...
Remember how Sonya wuzrobbed in Japan last year?
Sooner or later, everything gets even in life and everybody gets what they deserved. :yes:

Grin

Medalist
Well, Daria has 185.80 points, Eunsoo - 186.34, Stanislava - 181.98. RusFed could think, "It's not a big gap, and if she'll be clean she will beat them all, so let's take a risk".

Clean Konstantiova? Was she clean at least once during last season?