2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs FS

nimi

Medalist
If another team skated to this music, I might be complaining about it a bit, but I totally buy it when they perform it.

Well done!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is it wrong that the very beginning of the music sounded like "We're Breaking Free" from High School Musical?

Oh jeez, that brings back horrid memories of watching those stupid movies on a continuous loop when my former stepdaughter was about four years old....

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That's a really interesting--and unexpected!--choice. Given their career as a pair, I'm sure the lyrics hit home. I do think this has a huge amount of potential. And it's really great to see them stretching. Going to be fascinating to see this develop over the season.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wonder if the judges will ding Vanessa for costume issues :( you could see her bra for the majority of the program.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
I love James/Cipres and I don't dislike this program, but the music? So saccharine sweet for them. I couldn't stop thinking about how powerful and intense was their FS last season.

s_parks

Record Breaker
They're skating has improved dramatically from years past, but this program is very meh for them. They need something edgy; thos doesn't highlight their strengths.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So weird to see D/R's spins not in sync, haha. Rough skate, but better now than later in the season.
Hate that last lift position honestly. It's rather ugly/awkward.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'll have to wait for Megan and Eric to go clean to properly judge that. It felt all over the place. Moreso than other top teams they lose the performance when their jumps are off. I think it could be a lot more powerful when they hit the elements. Love the lift at the end.

bobbob

Medalist
What a mess. Three falls, I hope Meagan is okay but it is clear who skated better tonight between them and J/C.

The program is modified considerably from their old iteration but still recognizable. My main quibble is still that it doesn't really embody Muse.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
New hair looks great on Megan. Her styling is A+ this season

...her jumps are not :(

Well the first words she said to Eric when they finished was "I'm sorry."

Not her day.

Not my favorite program of theirs, but with its blather about "victory," I can see why they revived it.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yikes. I've never seen Meagan fall on three jumps in one program before!

nimi

Medalist
Not totally sold on the changes in the element placement and music edit in the first half, but we'll see how the program develops.

That one new lift exit was pretty impressive!

whatif

Medalist
Well, even in Canada one can inflate so much. There was no way saving them after that disaster. Congratulations to J/C, a hard earned gold!