2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs SP

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Meagan and Eric! Love their new program and their 3Lz is amazing. Great extension on the landing.

Vanessa and Morgan stole my heart again with their new SP. The step sequence was on fire! My favorite program of the night. I love them.

Looking forward to the Free today.

Nika09

On the Ice
Finally I've got my favorite pairs SP this season (these are not their Olympic season costumes, right?). J/C your are so amazing an incomparable! And love that pair spins! Waiting for the LP even more, sure it will be very special with "Say Something" and Vanessa/Morgan

D/R 's sbs Lz was outstanding indeed. Congrats!

p.s. and again: 3 days break between SP&LP for Ladies and couple of hours for Pairs...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
D/R have always been rather hit or miss for me, and while their Muse LP never did it for me in the past, this new SP is LIT.

I've always been a major fan of whenever Meagan and Eric use their friendship/partnership feelings to create the emotions needed to emote and perform to a stereotypically "romantic" piece, and the SP here is SPOT ON. Also love their styling. Probably my favorite program of theirs ever. Considering their struggles last season, surprised to see them looking so good now. I still prefer S/H and S/M, but D/R are definitely reminding us they're still in it (and that they have wayyyyyyy better programs than T/M).

J/C are my darlings. I love this team. This team deserves the world. I don't think I adore this SP as much as I adore D/R's though. J/C still need to work on matching their lines - they're worse than D/R at that. I am hoping J/C keep competing after the Olympics - could be their time to get a World medal, ESPECIALLY with some more maturity and seasoning. She's 30, but they still feel like a young pair.

I believe they've said they won't do a whole other quad, but they will do at least one more season.

Carshalton

Rinkside
Very impressed with D/R. It's always been obvious how close they are, but I've never really felt that connection on the ice - here I do. Also, Meagan is a renewed skater! Gentler, more natural, longer lines and this may sound awkward or not be the right word, but less "athletic" than in previous programs.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I enjoyed the SP for Pairs. D/R looked ready to go for the season and it was nice to see them have a moment at the end. You get the feeling that these two really like each other as people. I don't need a romantic vibe (although it is my favourite trope) as long as I feel the two people like each other. Nothing is worse than watching two people skate together with no connection btw them.

I thought J/C were great. And I'm really, really happy to see what looks like a healthier S/B. I liked the edgier music for them. They are young and need to show that they will stretch themselves artistically even if it's not to everyone's taste.

Really wish C/T would land their SBSs already. They are a good pair but sheesh if you can't get the jumps you are going to fall even further behind Cain and Leduc as far as the USFG are concerned.

rain

Record Breaker
D/R were right on here. Like the new program. They looked better here in the short than they did all of last season.

Awesome to see S/B back, and I've always loved this version of Everybody Wants to Rule The World, so they grabbed me right away with the music choice. She popped the jump in the short, but I was so encouraged to see her hit them spot on in the LP. The fight for the Canadian team is going to be brutal. Want to see them develop a little more dark/fierce attitude to further express the music as the season progresses.

James and Cipres - they were good, but this is going to be a bit unpopular in this thread since so many seem to love them - but I couldn't help but to me this invited comparison to Sui/Han's divine blues from last season, and this wasn't in that league. But really well-skated. Lacks just a bit in unity compared to some of the other top teams.