2017 Cup of Nice | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Cup of Nice

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm so confused. Why did Hanee only do one 3A?

Well he did enough to win! The 3A he did do was wonderful!!

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Han YAN (CHN) wins with 259.67 points.
Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL) is second with 236.65 points.
Peter LIEBERS (GER) won bronze with 223.44 points.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just watched Denis Ten's LP and I am so happy he chose S.O.S d'un terrien en détresse sung here by my beloved Dimash Kudaibergen, his country mate.
I think the program can be really powerful when Denis gets more used to it... I was worried at first because it's not necessarily a song suited for skating but he does perform it very well, with nice details working with the lyrics.

Bravo Denis :love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm so confused. Why did Hanee only do one 3A?

Well he did enough to win! The 3A he did do was wonderful!!

probably because he is coming back from injury and isn't ready to add combos to his 3a already. Taking things gradually isn't a bad thing.

Andrea82

Medalist
Kerry/Dodds achieve the FD 4 Continents minimum TES quite comfortably (38.32 vs 29). Yesterday they got the SD minimum for 4CCs.

They are close to Worlds' minimum TES for FD (39); the SD minimum for Worlds (29) may be too difficult for them at this stage though.

68.62 in the FD, 110 total score for them. They were very happy in the K&C

Andrea82

Medalist
Just like at Masters of France, Lauriault/LeGac overtake Abachkina/Thauron in the FD. However, A/T had marginally better PCS than L/L also in the FD.

Wang/Liu leads at the moment and will certainly be on the podium.

They are taking forever for Nazarova/Nikitin's score. Oh, they fall into 4th place (likely 5th in the end)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kerry/Dodds achieve the FD 4 Continents minimum TES quite comfortably (38.32 vs 29). Yesterday they got the SD minimum for 4CCs.

They are close to Worlds' minimum TES for FD (39); the SD minimum for Worlds (29) may be too difficult for them at this stage though.

68.62 in the FD, 110 total score for them. They were very happy in the K&C

*overexcited yelp* holy wowowowowowowowowo

*rushes for Youtube*

I'd like it to be noted for those unfamilar with this story that they only started skating together in May this year and he had never done ice dance before then.

GF2445

Record Breaker
*overexcited yelp* holy wowowowowowowowowo

*rushes for Youtube*

I'd like it to be noted for those unfamilar with this story that they only started skating together in May this year and he had never done ice dance before then.

It really goes to show how important having a solid level of skating skills is in ice dance.
So happy for them. I would love it if they could compete at Worlds one day.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
just watched Denis Ten's LP and I am so happy he chose S.O.S d'un terrien en détresse sung here by my beloved Dimash Kudaibergen, his country mate.
I think the program can be really powerful when Denis gets more used to it... I was worried at first because it's not necessarily a song suited for skating but he does perform it very well, with nice details working with the lyrics.

Bravo Denis :love:
Did you know Brian Orser skated to this music back in 1996? English version, though. Sadly, I can't find a video of it, it may not have been broadcast. I love this song, gives my goosebumps every time. Looking forward to Denis skating this program to its full potential (Olympics maybe, skategods, please?)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Did you know Brian Orser skated to this music back in 1996? English version, though. Sadly, I can't find a video of it, it may not have been broadcast. I love this song, gives my goosebumps every time. Looking forward to Denis skating this program to its full potential (Olympics maybe, skategods, please?)

omg.. no... never knew.. never even knew there was an english version.. it's a song which is from starmania a quebec musical (plamondon wrote the lyrics with french composer berger for the music...) and it's very famous here... but sort of died a bit until dimash brough it back recently... dimash sings it well but not with exact french pronunication... but it's so powerful...

and regarding denis... OMG... i am with you here... i wish denis to have his olympic moment on this song.. i know that i will be crying no matter what happens.... it's sort of like my worlds are colliding.

Kutien

Final Flight
SPFS
1Alisa FEDICHKINA RUS182.0812 video
2Xiangning LI CHN179.2821 video
3Anna KHNYCHENKOVA UKR159.5044 video
4Nicole SCHOTT GER155.6235 video
5Julie FROETSCHER FRA154.87123 video
6Natasha MCKAY GBR150.4556 video
7Josefin TALJEGARD SWE139.2577 video
8Micol CRISTINI ITA136.4169
9Michaela Lucie HANZLIKOVA CZE135.24108 video