2017 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs FS

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne, Is this a new pair?

I don't recall seeing them before... but maybe I've forgotten.

She has a fierce look about her, which I like.

This is their first season, yes. Their first comp was in June last year. They won JGP Tallinn and qualified for JGPF, did you not watch?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
My sidekick hasn't shown up yet, so I'll carry on

Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)
Star Wars
her in cream halter dress with black trim at neck and upper arms, him in black tunic over burgundy shirt with black pleather belt and black pants
He is wearing a very big wrist brace

SBS jumps were a mess, didn't catch them
2Two
Th3Lo fall
upsy, she's braver than I am, I would not trust someone wearing a brace that big on his wrist to lift me
SBS 3S, she did 1S they got so far apart that for once it wasn't the cameraman's fault
upsy nice
SBS FCCoSp very nice
upsy, very nice
Th2Lo
FODs
PCoSp

They look unhappy

Oh, I thought you were leaving and was going to take over the PbPs. Glad you're still here! *phew* I'm no good at calling elements

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
no no no at the positions in sbs spins.... not a good idea... lines are clashing

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ashley CAIN/Timothy LE DUC (USA)
The Prayer
her in white lacy sparkly dress and him in white top with deep vee, oddly-placed straps, and sparkles

3Tw
SBS 3Lo, he hangs on barely
upsy, very nice
SBS 2A-1Lo-3S very nice!
Th3Lz she might have put a hand down
upsy, lovely, one hand dismount
Th3S fall oh no!
upsy, great position
SBS CoSp oooooooooooooo I spins
ChSq
BODs with both Y spiral entry!
PCoSp

WOW! That was great! Wonderful!

glorybox6

Final Flight
Yeah, what is the story with Sato and Dungjen these days? I haven't read anything in a few years.

They divorced a couple of years ago, but are both resident coaches at DSC, so it much be at least somewhat amicable.

And yeah, just Jason in the K&C. Yuka must be involved as an assistant/more of the choreographic/style end of things.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Good enough, but I bet they were hoping for a more powerful first impression from the judges. Problems could be easily solved though with more time. Twist is already much better! A bit of a nervous skate for them, but keep up the good work!

Edit: TES dropped by almost 10 points. The jump combo must have been downgraded.

Last edited:

GGFan

Record Breaker
I love the lines and qualities that Ashley and Tim bring to the ice. I'm looking forward to seeing them improve in coming years.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Not a great score, C/L looked pretty tight out there.. Here's hoping they come roaring back next season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They have something I haven't really seen all that much in American pairs: genuine grace. The final spins need a ton of work: the positions are awkward and the speed almost nonexistent. But they have promise. And you can't teach that kind of grace.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Japanese fans providing the enthusiasm this crowd desparately needs. Hopefully this is not an indication of how the Olympics are going to be like.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is their first season, yes. Their first comp was in June last year. They won JGP Tallinn and qualified for JGPF, did you not watch?

I don't follow the junior circuit.

This may be the first pairs competition I've followed even semi-closely in 10 years.

I generally try to catch the senior medalists on video or if there is a lower-ranked pair that has gotten a lot of buzz.

I like this Aussie pair, they've got a spark.

Also love Cain and LeDuc. I hope they continue to progress as rapidly as they have so far.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sidekick has just arrived, last PBP for now.

Sumire SUTO/Francis Boudreau-AUDET (JPN)
Cherbourg
her in blue halter dress with loads of sparkles, him in blue shirt, darker blue vest and grey pants

3Tw
SBS 3S
Th3Lo 2ft
upsy, very nice
SBS FCCoSp
SBS 3T, he did 3T-2T, she fell
upsy
Th3S
BODs
ChSq
upsy
PCoSp

Very nice and I like them better than the other Japanese pair, but of course he won't get citizenship...

glorybox6

Final Flight
The Japanese pair has improved quite a bit! Not a bad skate! I liked their attack for the first third of the program and appreciate that they gave the performance element a real effort.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The camera work on the death spirals is making me motion-sick. Just frame a shot with the guy in the middle and include a girl-sized chunk of ice on either side. You don't have to follow her from side to side. She'll come around again!