2017 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Pairs FS

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Sooooo Mr. Boudreau-Audet... tell me why you decided to ditch Canada, a place where they desperately need tall skaters who can do triple twists, and decided to come and skate for Japan, a place where they will probably never give you citizenship since you don't train and live there? If Mervin Tran didn't get citizenship and he was a World Bronze Medalist, I hardly doubt this partnership will be any different.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Just think -- if none of the rest of the pairs competed, U.S. pairs would finally have an international win...

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
What is the percentage of teams that end the free skate with a pairs spin? I feel it's pretty high.

Very high this season. That is because the music choices this season strongly gravitate towards lyrical, slow, and moving styles. The general trend is that if the music ends softly, then the program ends on a pair spin because a) it fits and b) that is what has been done for years now all the way back to the 6.0 era.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sooooo Mr. Boudreau-Audet... tell me why you decided to ditch Canada, a place where they desperately need tall skaters who can do triple twists, and decided to come and skate for Japan, a place where they will probably never give you citizenship since you don't train and live there? If Mervin Tran didn't get citizenship and he was a World Bronze Medalist, I hardly doubt this partnership will be any different.

actually, canada probably could do without him... even our juniors do triple twists.... not sure why you say that :) because of marinaro?

poor mervin, sold his soul to the usa again and they sent this unpolished leduc and cain team here instead of giving him a shot to compete, despite a silver at nationals... ;) winks

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What is the percentage of teams that end the free skate with a pairs spin? I feel it's pretty high.

Are you related to David Pelletier? He really doesn't like finishing on a boring element, and they don't come any more boring than a SBS spin, for him.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Don't mind me, just being snarky!

I can't even remember the last time a U.S. pair won something -- did Inoue/Baldwin win a Skate America once?

I feel like Chris and Alexa medaled at 4CCs last year?

Edit: oh sorry, I misread, you said won, not medaled.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Personally I'd like to see them encourage teams not to open with the twist all the time and close with the spins. It makes all the programs seem cookie cutter. There are ways to work spins into your program without having to end on them.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Are you related to David Pelletier? He really doesn't like finishing on a boring element, and they don't come any more boring than a SBS spin, for him.

I've never heard him comment, but great minds think alike. :)

Nah, I don't mind it much myself, but I didn't pay attention that much to it over they years. 6 of the 7 so far have finished that way so far.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You need to work on your rambling skills obviously.

I never thought I'd see the day when someone would question my ability to ramble. I'm the queen of nonsensically blathering my face off.

Granted, I did have a bit of a GoldenSkate hiatus this past month.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
actually, canada probably could do without him... even our juniors do triple twists.... not sure why you say that :) because of marinaro?

The only junior pair that has a decent triple twist is the Boys-Eddy siblings. Matte/Ferland didn't try one at the Bavarian Open yesterday, Walsh/Michaud's triple twist has negative GOE and level 1 there. Brasseur/Ostiguy don't have one either, nor does Dawson/Reekie. I think Mr. Boudreau-Audet is VERY much needed.

And don't even get me started on Marinaro. I get a heart attack every time.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Carol Lane explained that they end with the spin because it is a static element. They have to stop to do it, then have all that trouble of getting going again if it's in the middle of the program. David was NOT impressed. The death spiral is the second-most used last element, for the same reason.