• Satoko MIYAHARA

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • Evgenia MEDEVEDEVA (W/D)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
I don’t know why, but something tells me that Maria will not finish last here. I have no reason to back myself up - I just REALLY have a hunch that Maria will end up placing higher than what most people are expecting.

I agree. Whereas she's near the bottom of the pile if you blindly rank based on season's best, she and Wakaba are remarkably consistent and the only 2 of the bunch who haven't fallen this season.

Evgenia will win if she's healthy, Wakaba will score in the 210 range, Mari will score in the 200 range, and then where everyone else places around them just depends on how clean they'll be.

My guess is something like:
1. Evgenia
2. Alina
3. Wakaba
4. Osmond
5. Sotskova
6. Kostner

withwings

On the Ice
I don’t know why, but something tells me that Maria will not finish last here. I have no reason to back myself up - I just REALLY have a hunch that Maria will end up placing higher than what most people are expecting.

agree

Katedle

Rinkside
I hope that Med thinks about her health and will not push herself to GPF. She has nothing to prove. This event is not very important for her. So, please, me girl, stay home and become injure free😇
So, my top (if Zhenya will not compete here)
1. Zagi
2. Carolina/Satoko
3. Wakaba/Satoko
Osmond had never skated her FS clean. Sotskova is all about UR.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
My predictions:
1. Osmond, yes needs to be excellent not perfect and if she skates like she is able, can win this
2. Evgenia, will her injury deny her the GPF? How does she perform after a skating absence/injury?
3. Alina's nerves have denied her a clean sp all season. A 62 and change as per her last GP will not win this event, versus a 76-80, regardless of her lp given this field
4. Wakaba, could be first or worst depending on the day. Keep in mind, we're not at the Japan Open anymore, Dorothy, and judges not as generous as she knows
5. Sotskova has not skated an inspired lp all sezzzon
6. Kostner, has technical challenges and at this time, an absent of a 3 Lutz does not bode well

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
My predictions:
1. Osmond, yes needs to be excellent not perfect and if she skates like she is able, can win this
2. Evgenia, will her injury deny her the GPF? How does she perform after a skating absence/injury?
3. Alina's nerves have denied her a clean sp all season. A 62 and change as per her last GP will not win this event, versus a 76-80, regardless of her lp given this field
4. Wakaba, could be first or worst depending on the day. Keep in mind, we're not at the Japan Open anymore, Dorothy, and judges not as generous as she knows
6. Kostner, has technical challenges and at this time, an absent of a 3 Lutz does not bode well

Wakaba was never at Japan Open. Not sure what generous judges your Dorothy knows from there, but they didn't judge Waka.

And Caros "technical challenges" got her the 2nd highest combined total of this GP series so far.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Wakaba was never at Japan Open. Not sure what generous judges your Dorothy knows from there, but they didn't judge Waka.

And Caros "technical challenges" got her the 2nd highest combined total of this GP series so far.

Sorry Li'Kitsu, did I mention a specific year? :scratch3: Sorry if you were confused, but every year (including 2016) and others, are an Inflate Japan Comp., regardless of the season. Also, let's see how Caro holds up versus the big guns, shall we.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Sorry Li'Kitsu, did I mention a specific year? :scratch3: Sorry if you were confused, but every year (including 2016) and others, are an Inflate Japan Comp., regardless of the season. Also, let's see how Caro holds up versus the big guns, shall we.

Yeah, that 116.99 was surely outrageous and remained her PB until now. Didn't even come close.

(And yes, I did completely forget about 2016, because... just look at that number again :cool14: )

angeleva19

Rinkside

I agree. No one expected Maria to beat Katelyn at GPF France, but she has been very consistent and medaled at BOTH of her events this year. When others falter, Maria doesn't. Say what you want about her artistry, I think she looks beautiful on the ice.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My predictions:

What are you talking about?

"A 62 and change as per her last GP will not win this event, versus a 76-80, regardless of her lp given this field" Zagitova beat OSMOND in her last GP, and you claim OSMOND can win this event.

"Sotskova has not skated an inspired lp all sezzzon" It was inspired enough at TDF to beat OSMOND.

Osmond hasn't faced either KOSTNER or HIGUCHI in the GP and both have achieved higher total scores than she has.

Higuchi turned a near-clean FS at CoR and an error-free freeskate at CoC which is more that can be said for Osmond.

The only skater who gets higher PCS scores than Kostner is Medvedeva. Kostner does very well without having a lutz because her overall skating skills are so superbly developed.

Andriellyson

Rinkside
With Evg Med:

1. MEDVEDEVA
2. HIGUCHI
3. ZAGITOVA
4. KOSTNER
5. SOTSKOVA
6. OSMOND

Without Evg Med:

1. MIYAHARA
2. HIGUCHI
3. ZAGITOVA
4. KOSTNER
5. OSMOND
6. SOTSKOVA

Let's remind: FGP competition will be held on JPN so ... Japenese girls will take advantage!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
speaking of inflation, i don't think Autumn Classic will be beaten in this regard :biggrin:

Let's get real, russianfan, the Autumn Classic (not a GP qualifier) pales when compared to, 'the Cup of Rushing to give the home team a best score ever ', and an event qualifier for the GPF. Please. :rolleye:

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside

I genuinely think you meant 2017 WTT where Wakaba did well (she was at 2016 JO but scored poorly). Small mistake that doesn't reflect on you at all. Owning up to it makes you seem like a big person, rather than denying it and turning it around with this unnecessarily hostile snark.

This kind of toxic attitude is seriously one of the reasons I took a break from GoldenSkate.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want Masha and Wakababy to win this!! They were the best performers all year IMO when all things are considered. Woot woot for the dry dress crew....represent !!

1. Wakababy
2:Masha
3: Zhenya
4: Alina
5: Kaetlyn
6: Caro

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Let's get real, russianfan, the Autumn Classic (not a GP qualifier) pales when compared to, 'the Cup of Rushing to give the home team a best score ever ', and an event qualifier for the GPF. Please. :rolleye:

Well, who put green beans in your ice cream?
We get it. There's inflation, everywhere except Japan and China, practically. I get that you're rushing to defend your country and that's great and all but not at the expense of another. That's just low.

KweenAsada

On the Ice
I'm thinking will come through with the silver beginning her run towards one of the biggest upsets in Olympic history!!!