2017 JGP Latvia Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Pairs FS

TMC

Record Breaker
oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo that score

On the other hand, it's only 8 points less than their current PB. And I bet they made way more than 8 points worth of mistakes here. Ergo, they can easily crush their PB at a future competition :agree:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I got up to watch these but haven't been able to go get coffee yet, and I'm struggling to pay detailed attention whoops

ETA: Wow, Walsh and Michaud still lead the FS

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
They look great as a pair, but too much mistakes on the jumps. Panfilova and Rylov actually might win this. That would be a shocker.

NaVi

Medalist
An event with the reigning Junior Worlds Gold and Silver medalists won by a pair without triple jumps. Yikes...

And it's likely(but they still have a chance) that the champs won't make it to the final.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do hope Laiken and Keenan get to keep their second assignment. Improving their PB by 22 points and scoring 3rd in the FS over the world silver and gold medallists is huge, but it is still.a fifth place finish over all, and it would be just like USFS not to let them have the spot since they cannot qualify for the final.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I have a question. Why does the protocol say 2F+1Lo+SEQ for Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV when they actually did 2F+1Lo+2Lo?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
still waiting for the day when one of my favouries skates to Alice in Wonderland, i just love the music :luv17: well done Apollinariia and Dmitry !! and congratulations to Evelyn Trennt for winning LP! :yahoo: great to see so many promising teams :hap57:

zebobes

Final Flight
I do hope Laiken and Keenan get to keep their second assignment. Improving their PB by 22 points and scoring 3rd in the FS over the world silver and gold medallists is huge, but it is still.a fifth place finish over all, and it would be just like USFS not to let them have the spot since they cannot qualify for the final.

Fifth place in pairs is more impressive compared to the other disciplines, because there are only 4 events compared to 7. There's still a small chance that you could make the final with a first place finish in your second event.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
EVERYONE IS TRYING TO HUG EVERYONE on the podium and it's too cute.

Also Walsh on the 3rd place podium is still taller than Panfilova on the 1st place podum, lol

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have a question. Why does the protocol say 2F+1Lo+SEQ for Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV when they actually did 2F+1Lo+2Lo?

Because to do a 2Lo they had to change feet from the landing of the 1Lo. Pretty dumb move, not sure why you'd do it.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Not the result I expected at all. Kinda funny that the only leading team not to attempt a triple jump actually end up winning. I expected it to be a shoot out between B/K and A/W but that didn't happen.

Well done to the the Canadians on winning the free. This routine suited them really well, a soft lyrical style. In the short, I thought they looked uncomfortable, her especially but the free works very well for them. The only thing is I think she is a bit to tall for him.

I enjoyed P/R, they have great pairs element but the jumps are not the best. They have a lot to work to do their. I'm a big fan of B/K but she had an off day on the jumps, if skated cleanly this programme can score big. Not the best day for A/W only for the missed spin they would be on the podium.

Could to see some Pairs skating again