2017 JGP Latvia Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Latvia Pairs SP

s_parks

Record Breaker
I really hope some of these young promising teams have triples...that is always a source of heartbreak with jr pairs.

zebobes

Final Flight
Wow! I'm always surprised when an American Pairs team skates well. That was amazing! I usually am up to date on the teams, but I haven't seen them at all before.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That was a beautiful skate from Laiken and Keenan! I actually thought it would score higher. And bonus, we get Rockne in the K&C!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Entertaining, as we would expect from the French! A bit gawky/awkward but engaging, with some interesting moves and positions.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a beautiful skate from Laiken and Keenan! I actually thought it would score higher. And bonus, we get Rockne in the K&C!!

I thought it would score a little higher too, but maybe their tech wasn't as strong? Definitely going to take a look at the protocols.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Protocols are awfully slow today. Ladies' protocol is still not even up eek.

gold12345

Medalist
Ladies protocols up now. Never seen them take that long, usually it's very fast. Must have been some sort of glitch.

I thought it would score a little higher too, but maybe their tech wasn't as strong? Definitely going to take a look at the protocols.

Yeah the Americans' tech score was a bit low. She flutzed. Level 1 step seq, Level 2 pair spin, elements could be bigger for bigger GOE.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Excellent, top three are very close. Go finish it off Katia and Harley!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
All to play for in the free skate, very close between the Top 3. B/K were very impressive, you can see their improvements from last year, I think it has the look of a senior programme. I was surprised she went down on throw.

P/R had very strong pairs elements but the jumps didn't look very strong. The music cuts were a bit odd. Not sure how they will do in the free. The Teams from Perm always have strong pairs elements but the jumps are a major weakness, they really need a jumps coach their, it really holds them back from progressing.

A/W, an odd mistake in the steps but everything else very strong. I didn't like the cut of 'Paint it Black'. They are well placed for victory. I also liked the Americans but they had a few low levels which hurt. The Canadian team picked the wrong music for me, she in particular looked awkward.

gkelly

Record Breaker
I know I'm late, but for future reference in the rest of the JGP pair events...

The short programs for senior pairs and for juniors in all freestyle disciplines have a rotating set of specific requirements that differ from one year to the next. The requirements for junior pairs are therefore the most specific.

For 2017-18, the junior pairs SP requires

a) Any hip lift take-off (Group Three)
b)Twist lift (double or triple)
c) Double or triple loop throw jump
d) Double Lutz solo jump
e) Pair spin combination with only one change of foot
f) Death spiral forward inside
g) Step sequence fully utilizing the ice surface

http://static.isu.org/media/1003/20...ce-and-technical-rules-sandp-and-id_final.pdf