2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship SD

Lissy

Medalist
I still don't understand why Madison needs hearts on her skates. She's not an 11 year old girl.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I have to admit, this program works a lot better for me when the camera pulls back into a wide view, so it must be amazing in person

mrrice

Record Breaker
I am in LOVE with Evan Bates.......It takes a lot to make me look away for Madison but......He definitely does.......Swoon.....I love them. Not as clean as the Shibs but, this is gonna by tight....

matcha

Medalist
The keep on mentioning that the Shibs haven't won a short dance, but they should've won the short in 2015 in particular without a doubt.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Chock / Bates: Intricate transitions as usual with this team. Good edgework through the blues section and partial step. Chock's interpretation of "Bad to the Bone" is stronger than Bates' - I feel like he could be more raw and dirty. A bit slower than I'm used to seeing from them in rotation of the twizzles, but great synch and distance. Both of them are much, MUCH stronger with "Uptown Funk" with great energy. A program that ended more powerfully than the start.

Weathergal

Medalist
I'm not Chock / Bates' hugest fan, but I think they skated really well tonight. I pretty much agree with everything Charlie is saying, including what he is commenting about their music choices.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I still don't understand why Madison needs hearts on her skates. She's not an 11 year old girl.

Maybe they have some meaning to her? Or she just likes them? It's not like there's a billion of them, just one really unobtrusive one per skate.

charmblade

Final Flight
Really great skate by Maddie and Evan, but I'm sad they took out the cool entrance to the twizzles.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow that margin between Chock and Bates and Hubbell and Donahue is really tight! I thought they would be closer to the Shibs. That non-touch level 3 was costly.

beki

Medalist
I don't know how to say this without exaggerating, but the vibe of this program to me is cougar on the prowl at a karaoke bar. They skated great, but the program is tacky.

Lissy

Medalist
Maybe they have some meaning to her? Or she just likes them? It's not like there's a billion of them, just one really unobtrusive one per skate.

It's still a tad on the tacky and unnecessary side. They are more noticeable when she's in a dress. The pants cover it up a bit.