2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

synteis

Medalist
Congratulations on the newest addition to your family, SarahSynchro! At last you will be able to watch figure skating without constant bathroom breaks.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have Canadian news! Gather round, everyone! Canada’s newest skating fan was born early this morning (April 24th) at 2:27AM. :) That’s right, NewDaughter has arrived 13 days ahead of schedule with a very short 2.5 hour labour, ending in a completely unplanned home birth in my parents’ spare bedroom. It could only be described as something right out of a sitcom, as is my whole life with my insane SynchroFam, in a nutshell. She is all ready to be christened as an up and coming Canadian skater’s uberfan! When we weren’t cat napping today, we spent lots of time watching non stop figure skating on YouTube; bless this hospital and their free wifi. We watched all the Olympic short and free programs for ladies and ice dance, and then got caught up on the 2018 world synchro championship freeskates. Gotta get them interested early, yknow. ;)

It worked for Yuzudaughter, I mean, kind of.. until she took ome glimpse at a certain purple short program costume last year and fell in love.. :tantrum: :laugh:

Congrats Sarah!! :yay:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
SarahSynchro I totally forgot to say congrats. My bad! Hope you & baby girl are well.

4everchan did you enjoy the SOI show today? The Gadbois gang who went sure did. From Instagram clips it looks like it was an awesome show.

---

Entries for 2018 Super Series Victoria Day are up.

Isabella Bardua is now skating for New Zealand. Rinka Watanabe of Japan is also signed up. While Emma Bulawka is splitting her SP & FS between senior and junior. :scratch2: Joanne's ladies Sarah & Megan are also scheduled to compete.

If you are interested in finding out Tessa & Scott's evaluation of the ice dance final in PyeongChang you may be interested in this article & accompanying video.

Virtue et Moir n'ont aucun doute : ils méritaient la médaille d'or

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So SOI never panned out for me this weekend. :( Sold out shows, resale tickets were too expensive, no babysitter... I’ll have to live vicariously through YouTube videos and everyone’s descriptions.

Weren't you like, fifty years old when that song came out in 1990? :scratch2: It must’ve been SO awkward, as a random old man, front row centre, at all the new kids concerts.

:rofl:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So SOI never panned out for me this weekend. :( Sold out shows, resale tickets were too expensive, no babysitter... I’ll have to live vicariously through YouTube videos and everyone’s descriptions.

Weren't you like, fifty years old when that song came out in 1990? :scratch2: It must’ve been SO awkward, as a random old man, front row centre, at all the new kids concerts.

:rofl:

actually.... don't tell anyone... i am the son of one of these guys :laugh2:

synteis

Medalist

Oh no! I saw someone in rinkside seats with a baby on their front and I hoped it was you :cccc

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Right now I'm exploring going to Skate Canada International this year. There's still a lot of tickets available (I want to decide before the lineups get announced, because you know if Yuzuru Hanyu is invited there'll be an immediate swamping, heh), so it's more a question of looking at what the hotel costs would be.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Right now I'm exploring going to Skate Canada International this year. There's still a lot of tickets available (I want to decide before the lineups get announced, because you know if Yuzuru Hanyu is invited there'll be an immediate swamping, heh), so it's more a question of looking at what the hotel costs would be.

hotels are never cheap no matter what happens.... i am going to skate canada but will not need accommodation... but for pointers : the rink is in Laval.. not in Montreal... there won't be much options in Laval and if there are, those may be booked early. However, what is wonderful are the possibilities having a subway stop right by the rink open up !!! You can be anywhere in Montreal in 20-30 minutes with the subway. So, if I were you, I'd look at staying somewhere in town.... Also, since Laval is North of Montreal, there are a lot of short term accommodations available in the Montreal area called Villeray and Petite-Patrie... which would be very close (short ride on the subway) to the rink.

I'd offer my balcony but SarahsSyndrome might be crashing on there.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I'd offer my balcony but SarahsSyndrome might be crashing on there.

Hey, squatters rights I say, 4everchan, as I called first dibs, long before ancientpeas and SarahSynchro ever mentioned it. I am sure there is a manger someplace close by, complete with sweet hay, as an all-inclusive ...alternative. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hey, squatters rights I say, 4everchan, as I called first dibs, long before ancientpeas and SarahSynchro ever mentioned it. I am sure there is a manger someplace close by, complete with sweet hay, as an all-inclusive ...alternative. ;)

haha.... i would not let you stay on the balcony... there would be a couch for you.. .but sarah... meh...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well.. I'm bringing my dragon! GB is excited.

*in truth best friend said she would go with me for 2 nights so we are going to get a hotel room near the arena so I'll have a ride and a someone to split the expensive of a hotel*