2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 103 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

leoleo

Medalist
I‘m still debating whether or not to watch the SP live. I have to stand up at 7 a.m. on Friday and for my time zone the SP starts at 6 a.m so not a big difference. But I‘m afraid I might jinx someone by watching live....

lol same! i'm so anxious for all the girls! last time i refused to watch, Rika scored 154 so maybe i need to keep my bad luck away from her again this time :laugh: i don't think i can watch the SP, i'll rewatch it like an hour later when i've had time to digest the results.

lzxnl

Final Flight
lol same! i'm so anxious for all the girls! last time i refused to watch, Rika scored 154 so maybe i need to keep my bad luck away from her again this time :laugh: i don't think i can watch the SP, i'll rewatch it like an hour later when i've had time to digest the results.

Well, I watched both of Rika's NHK programs live, and we all know how that went, so I don't know anymore.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Rika's a superstar. After such a wonderful short, I don't know if I can hope for a free skate as exquisite as NHK... but I can dream, right? May the odds be in her favour!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that Satoko will have an amazing free skate, she goes second in the lineup so it could help with nerves. Although I am afraid she might put so much pressure on herself to do well.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
I'm hoping that Satoko will have an amazing free skate, she goes second in the lineup so it could help with nerves. Although I am afraid she might put so much pressure on herself to do well.

I hope so too; she's still in it with the bottom four ladies in the battle for bronze. After the Lutz error in the SP, she was visibly tense the rest of the program. Didn't have the same brilliance as at NHK; the short there was simply amazing. Hope she'll be more relaxed in the FS.

leoleo

Medalist
Mai competed in the National athletic sports festival of Japan today.
In the event, only free programs are performed and Mai captured first with a score of 139.26. Mai held a lead of more than 50 points over the skater in the second place at the event. People who attended said it was like a one-person-GPF :laugh:
cr https://twitter.com/yuppy04143881

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Pulling for a Kaori podium! So excited to watch tonight.

Oh, I'm rooting for Kaori to have a wonderful skate! I just love her Free program so much! :love: I love programs that create a moment and her Free Skate does just that. When she does that 3Lo after the ChSq I'm like YASSSSSSSSSSS! and almost doing a standing ovation in my living room. :laugh2:

The three Japanese Ladies are very strong skaters and I love how their Free programs are so different. I saw some posters saying Japanese skaters have no personality and they all skate the same, to the same kind of music and have the same kind of style and their choreography are uninspiring and lack originality. To those posters I say: watch the Free Skate event and say that again, please. :rolleye:

I hope everyone has a good performance with no major mistakes and that they can finish this GP with no regrets and proud of themselves.
Of course I want my fave to get that gold medal but truly I just want them to skate well and the results will be whatever they'll be.

I can't wait! This Final will be super exciting!
:hap10:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Mai competed in the National athletic sports festival of Japan today.
In the event, only free programs are performed and Mai captured first with a score of 139.26. Mai held a lead of more than 50 points over the skater in the second place at the event. People who attended said it was like a one-person-GPF :laugh:
cr https://twitter.com/yuppy04143881

Just a minor correction: this is a preliminary round to the National winter sports festival, which will be held on Jan 29th 2019. Mai's top placement helps Hyogo prefecture to earn entries to FS event during the festival. It's also good that she could use the opportunity to get some practices before Nationals. (the 'one-person-GPF' is kind of funny!)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I am dearly hoping we can get two Japanese women on the podium (three is unlikely, sorry). I am really impressed with all 6 women at this GPF, but I must admit my soft spot for Rika and Kaori :eek::

The three Japanese Ladies are very strong skaters and I love how their Free programs are so different. I saw some posters saying Japanese skaters have no personality and they all skate the same, to the same kind of music and have the same kind of style and their choreography are uninspiring and lack originality. To those posters I say: watch the Free Skate event and say that again, please. :rolleye:
I'm more annoyed with the "stone-face" complaints that only ever hit Asian skaters for some reason...

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Watched the GPF SP and my thoughts:
1. Kaori Sakamoto was underscored
2. Rika might be the next national champion
3. Satoko’s PCS was underscored.

I wish everyone well in the free! A Japanese sweep is my dream podium :)

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Watched the GPF SP and my points:
1. Kaori Sakamoto was underscored
2. Rika might be the next national champion
3. Satoko’s PCS was underscored.

I wish everyone well in the free! A Japanese sweep is my dream podium :)