2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 992 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Eteri will not ask alina what she wants to skate to. Period. Its eteris method and it is a winning one.

so you're not embarrassed that the falseness of your words is easy to detect? Eteri' girls repeatedly spoke about the choice of programs. Including Trusova recently:
https://youtu.be/uN4NYlFz0oI?t=820
"At the end of the season or at the beginning of the next one we choose the music together with the coaches. They ask me if I like it or not. If I do, than we begin to gradually design the program. And prepare it on ice."

halulupu

Final Flight
so you're not embarrassed that the falseness of your words is easy to detect? Eteri' girls repeatedly spoke about the choice of programs. Including Trusova recently:
https://youtu.be/uN4NYlFz0oI?t=820
"At the end of the season or at the beginning of the next one we choose the music together with the coaches. They ask me if I like it or not. If I do, than we begin to gradually design the program. And prepare it on ice."
No not at all. Go listen to eteri interviews. She may consider wishes. But the decision is ultimately hers. I am glad it is like that. It's obviously working. Do u remember the infamous rodionova titanic program? Or zhenyas free skate tango this year? Horrid choices. Eteri knows better what siuts her girls and brings pcs points.

navoszvometazse

Spectator
Did you know that Yulia Lipnitskaya's decision to skate to Schindler's List was hers, even contrary to the suggestion of Eteri Tutberidze?

LynsJ

On the Ice
For Alina I think they will go with something similar to her EX for the SP and something lyrical for FS. I wouldn't mind though if they pick something Spanish again, like Malaguena or a tango, flamenco...I like the theme and she has the look. At the end she survived maybe she will go for mission impossible now...

I was literally just thinking a few minutes ago that Alina would suit stepanova and bukins Malaguena then I read your comment [emoji23][emoji23]
I think this piece would be perfect for her

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Eteri will not ask alina what she wants to skate to. Period. Its eteris method and it is a winning one.

AFAIK, Alina specifically asked Eteri for Carmen this season. She was requesting for it few times before. Then Eteri finally said, yes, you are old enough, this year we will do Carmen. Alina told in her interview to Japanese TV how she had rejoiced when she got Eteri's nod on Carmen.

I think Alina skated Carmen when she was very young back at her hometown.

Alina and her little sister back in the days, I guess this her younger Carmen dress: https://i.imgur.com/jikeMUS.jpg

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Please no more warhorses for Alina. Her competition programs are so boring; in this regard, she was entirely outshone by Rika, her primary international rival this past season. Daniil does such compelling work for Alena, Anna, Kamila, etc.. Why not the same for his Olympic and World Champion?

Well, Alina herself wanted and asked for Carmen. She got it. Seems like younger girls (juniors) are usually offered pretty limited music choices picked directly by Eteri and Daniil G (Dudakov is never involved in choreo or music). When parents and skater approve, music selections for LP and SL are set. But it seems when girls are getting older Eteri team is sometimes more accommodating to skater's personal desires. I wonder what Eteri's original choice would have been this season for Alina if not Carmen (per Alina's request).

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russia should change it's rules(and I may have the rules wrong) so that skaters who qualify for an automatic spot on the Grand Prix but are not submitted for selection would get an automatic bye to Russian Nationals. Forcing skaters to requalify through internal competitions may just cause some to quit. I'm really thinking of Sotskova and Sakhanovich here who I think probably shouldn't be selected for the Grand Prix but should get a bye to Russian Nationals and do Challenger Series events. I'd rather have Konstantinova and Gubanova get 2 spots each.

Interesting. Agreed.

moriel

Record Breaker
Eteri's team seems to focus on chosing programs that would best suit each skater. Said that, its pretty obvious that young skaters in their 15-16-17 are very likely unable to select the best music that would fit their skills and abilities at any given point, due to lack of experience, so listening to their wishes may not necessarely be the wisest decision.
I mean, take Carmen. Early in this season, once it became known Alina was skating to Carmen, there was a whole discussion among fans if she was mature enough, that it was not fit for a 16 years old and so on. It is debatable if she would be able to pull it off earlier, and if it would be a good Olympic program for a 15 years old girl, for example. I kind of see why Alina didn't get a Carmen program earlier.
Honestly, I see that something similar was happening with Zhenya, despite all the drama earlier this season on. The team listened to her wishes to a point, but stuck for what worked best for her (it is debatable if they wanted or no to extend her artistic range, and if it was necessary, but at any rate, it is something that wouldn't be done in an Olympic year, again), which we clearly seen this year, as she basically went back to her old style.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I just hope Sasha gets a FS that's on par with her greatness.

The "Kill Bill" SP grew on me as the season went on, and her dress for that program went from worst (remember the bumblebee costume?) among Eteri's girls to one of my personal favorites.

But "The Fifth Element" FS program - the music/medley, that is, not so much the choreo - was embarrassingly bad (her one piece outfit I liked, though). She deserves much better.

Orlov

Medalist
But "The Fifth Element" FS program - the music/medley, that is, not so much the choreo - was embarrassingly bad (her one piece outfit I liked, though).

For me it is absolutely not. When I first saw her performance, I literally jumped on a chair in admiration.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Maybe I'm just a Sasha fan but I loved both of the performances especially the FS. It was so original and the possessed horror vibe <3

katymay

Medalist
I just hope Sasha gets a FS that's on par with her greatness.

The "Kill Bill" SP grew on me as the season went on, and her dress for that program went from worst (remember the bumblebee costume?) among Eteri's girls to one of my personal favorites.

But "The Fifth Element" FS program - the music/medley, that is, not so much the choreo - was embarrassingly bad (her one piece outfit I liked, though). She deserves much better.

I am going to miss both programs, but I loved the FS-especially the last music cut. For me...both programs were just perfect. Aloyna and Ana also had wonderful programs that I will miss. Alina's programs I will not miss. Good riddance to both.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Eteri's team seems to focus on chosing programs that would best suit each skater. Said that, its pretty obvious that young skaters in their 15-16-17 are very likely unable to select the best music that would fit their skills and abilities at any given point, due to lack of experience, so listening to their wishes may not necessarely be the wisest decision.
I mean, take Carmen. Early in this season, once it became known Alina was skating to Carmen, there was a whole discussion among fans if she was mature enough, that it was not fit for a 16 years old and so on. It is debatable if she would be able to pull it off earlier, and if it would be a good Olympic program for a 15 years old girl, for example. I kind of see why Alina didn't get a Carmen program earlier.
Honestly, I see that something similar was happening with Zhenya, despite all the drama earlier this season on. The team listened to her wishes to a point, but stuck for what worked best for her (it is debatable if they wanted or no to extend her artistic range, and if it was necessary, but at any rate, it is something that wouldn't be done in an Olympic year, again), which we clearly seen this year, as she basically went back to her old style.

I just don’t know what they were thinking when they chose Sasha’s programs. I hate both of them, and I loved the sweet charity one from last season. People say Sasha can’t interpret, but imo it’s the music that doesn’t suit her (or anyone, actually). Of you look at her sweet charity program, she totally interpreted it.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I met somewhere the opinion that the long program Sasha was created with one goal: to win. Absolutely agree with that. The ideal tool to achieve this goal. And agree that this program is not like anything. It is possible to love or hate or just not understand it, but it is impossible to
forget.

moriel

Record Breaker
I just don’t know what they were thinking when they chose Sasha’s programs. I hate both of them, and I loved the sweet charity one from last season. People say Sasha can’t interpret, but imo it’s the music that doesn’t suit her (or anyone, actually). Of you look at her sweet charity program, she totally interpreted it.

Well, first of all, many people disagree. For example, I think that the FS is a good fit considering her skillset and abilities. It highlights her strength and her athleticism, and somewhat hides her interpretation and performance weaknesses. As people said above, it is a great tool to win.
The fact you hate the programs does not mean that they are bad and they don't fit the skater.