2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 991 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
A year ago Alina's programs were revealed during april (at least POTO, Carmen maybe little later), so I think we will find out soon. I hope Daniil will post the skaters doing openings of all programs just like he did last year :)

SkateSkates

Medalist
I don’t think that Alina should skate to a warhorse next season, but she probably will. I’m thinking moonlight sonata or rach piano concerto no.2 will be what her coaches give her. Thoughts on Alina’s music next season?? I’m interested to hear what y’all think.

I think maybe les mis and Roxanne if they go the warhorse route

alinaharry

On the Ice
I wonder what Alina wants to skate to. Has she said anything on that topic? I can remember some interviews where she said she really wanted to skate to Carmen and her coaches said no during the Olympic season so she got to use it this season.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I wonder what Alina wants to skate to. Has she said anything on that topic? I can remember some interviews where she said she really wanted to skate to Carmen and her coaches said no during the Olympic season so she got to use it this season.
I wonder if Alina wants to skate at all. Despite what she said in interviews - there were enough hints at the same time to imply that she is extremely tired from fs. So I wouldn't be hasty with expectations now. I am not talking about retiring btw - but skipping the season would be sensible move IMO.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

One of her EX will probably be to one of Selena Gomez song. They both are signed by Puma. Puma power girls integration. Cross-marketing and stuff.

Scott512

Record Breaker

That scenario is actually not entirely uncommon. I was a Division I athlete here in the US and if you got randomly selected for drug testing by the NCAA, they had you pee into a cup with the bathroom stall door open while someone from the testing company watched. Super awkward. We were tested by the same company who ran tests for professional athletes as well.

I wonder if Alina wants to skate at all. Despite what she said in interviews - there were enough hints at the same time to imply that she is extremely tired from fs. So I wouldn't be hasty with expectations now. I am not talking about retiring btw - but skipping the season would be sensible move IMO.
Interesting points. She may think what the hell else can I prove?

When she does come back in the fall would it be so unusual if she kept the two programs from this year? Alina will have stopped growing by then and will be more comfortable in her body and she will be doing both of these programs even better than she did this season.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Interesting points. She may think what the hell else can I prove?

When she does come back in the fall would it be so unusual if she kept the two programs from this year? Alina will have stopped growing by then and will be more comfortable in her body and she will be doing both of these programs even better than she did this season.

Maybe she wants to prove that she can stay and do the difficult combos after having gone through puberty :), or disprove the Russian non-longevity thing. I highly doubt they'll keep the programs though, I think it helps motivate skaters to have something fresh to work with, and Daniil said they've already found the type of new music they'll use. Plus, she's already had such a big moment with these routines, I think it's time for something new.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Maybe she wants to prove that she can stay and do the difficult combos after having gone through puberty :), or disprove the Russian non-longevity thing. I highly doubt they'll keep the programs though, I think it helps motivate skaters to have something fresh to work with, and Daniil said they've already found the type of new music they'll use. Plus, she's already had such a big moment with these routines, I think it's time for something new.

Agreed.

NaVi

Medalist
I remember commenting a couple years ago that figure skating's popularity in Russia was overblown... that it was usually beat out in ratings by biathlon... that at best it was maybe twice as popular as in the US. But figure skating has been getting some pretty good ratings in Russia after the broadcasts switched from Match TV to 1st Channel. For the ladies free skate, close to 5 times as many people watched the 2019 Russian nationals this season than watched the 2017 Russian nationals(Medvedeva's 2nd senior season, Zagitova's junior season). Twice as many people watched the world championship from Japan this year on a friday afternoon than watched in prime time in 2017 when the world championships were at Finland.

You can check out Russian tv ratings here: https://mediascope.net/data/?FILTER_TYPE=tv

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I don’t think that Alina should skate to a warhorse next season, but she probably will. I’m thinking moonlight sonata or rach piano concerto no.2 will be what her coaches give her. Thoughts on Alina’s music next season?? I’m interested to hear what y’all think.

Please no more warhorses for Alina. Her competition programs are so boring; in this regard, she was entirely outshone by Rika, her primary international rival this past season. Daniil does such compelling work for Alena, Anna, Kamila, etc.. Why not the same for his Olympic and World Champion?

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Nonono, now I will hear "Nas nedogonyat" in my head for the whole day. This was pursuing me all my boyhood when it was literally everywhere, I thought I've shaken it away and now it is back :bang:

:biggrin:

Haha, sorry, I know what you mean :) At least I offered "Pol chasa", not the one with the truck!

zounger

Medalist
For Alina I think they will go with something similar to her EX for the SP and something lyrical for FS. I wouldn't mind though if they pick something Spanish again, like Malaguena or a tango, flamenco...I like the theme and she has the look. At the end she survived maybe she will go for mission impossible now...

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Please no more warhorses for Alina. Her competition programs are so boring; in this regard, she was entirely outshone by Rika, her primary international rival this past season. Daniil does such compelling work for Alena, Anna, Kamila, etc.. Why not the same for his Olympic and World Champion?

:palmf:

I don't know any of her :luv17: programs, which can be called boring :confused2:
but none of Rika's programs touched me :yawn:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
For Alina I think they will go with something similar to her EX for the SP and something lyrical for FS. I wouldn't mind though if they pick something Spanish again, like Malaguena or a tango, flamenco...I like the theme and she has the look. At the end she survived maybe she will go for mission impossible now...

I wouldn't recommend dance music, esp. not the rhythms that are compulsory for rhytmic dance, there is a huge danger of overusing during season.

zounger

Medalist
I wouldn't recommend dance music, esp. not the rhythms that are compulsory for rhytmic dance, there is a huge danger of overusing during season.

Agree, the rhythms I mentioned will not be compulsory for dance next season :biggrin:. I would like something original and surprising ideally but it will not be a catastrophe to do something classical again.

NaVi

Medalist
Russia should change it's rules(and I may have the rules wrong) so that skaters who qualify for an automatic spot on the Grand Prix but are not submitted for selection would get an automatic bye to Russian Nationals. Forcing skaters to requalify through internal competitions may just cause some to quit. I'm really thinking of Sotskova and Sakhanovich here who I think probably shouldn't be selected for the Grand Prix but should get a bye to Russian Nationals and do Challenger Series events. I'd rather have Konstantinova and Gubanova get 2 spots each.

melgirl25

Medalist
I could see Alina doing something to West Side Story. But not a medley mash up. My picks would be Maria and Somewhere.

halulupu

Final Flight
Eteri will not ask alina what she wants to skate to. Period. Its eteris method and it is a winning one.