2018-2019 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

Lota

Record Breaker
Just looked at the top 3 performances and everyone did so well, so happy for the teams! :love: Also, apparently Vladimir Morozov had a fever of 38 degrees yesterday, I don't know if he still has a fever now or if he managed to sleep it off, but extra kudos to him for performing so well today (he looked absolutely knackered at the end though).

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Just that unfortunate fall from Nastya Mishina, otherwise Sasha and Mitya are going to Euros and Worlds, all three of the podium skated clean, and E/K (my other beloved Moskvina team, really bless her Tamara Nikolayevna) is in the top 6, all is well. I just have to avoid the ladies' news until Zhenya gets off the ice...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am not trying to be critical but the current performance really pales in comparison to two that came before it. Nothing wrong but it is such a random program and lacking the charisma of B/K and the amazing quality of T/M.

Sort of agree - this kind of aesthetic for Tarasova/Morozov really allows their best qualities to shine on their fullest: lines, carriage, classical appearance, no sugar-coating and trying too hard, an absolute classic of Nutcracker gave a great base for Boikova/Kozlovskii to let them shine, Alexandra's smile finishing every move together with Dmitrii's strenght and frame made it just spectacular; seeing Natalia & Alexander after both performing so amazingly looked okay, but lacked that spark to set them apart. Still, very well skated and she ROCKS that short hairdo!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Thanks to the top teams for those wonderful performances. :bow: Given how scary and ugly pairs can get these days it was amazing to not be worried or horrified at all. Cleanliness in so rare these days. :hap57::hap93:

Kutien

Final Flight
1Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOVM/T236.8011 video
2Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERTKRA230.4922 video
3Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKIISPB220.4033 video
4Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKINMOS209.1554 video
5Anastasia MISHINA / Aleksandr GALLIAMOVSPB204.8345 video
6Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVINSPB199.6766 video
7Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOVPER190.7288 video
8Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALINSPB189.3397 video
9Lina KUDRIAVTSEVA / Ilia SPIRIDONOVMOS182.69710 video
10Kseniia AKHANTEVA / Valerii KOLESOVSPB175.04129 video
11Nadezhda LABAZINA / Nikita RAKHMANINMOS174.341012 video
12Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Dmitry SOPOTS/P172.891111 video

LadyB

Record Breaker
Wow! What a final group! :jaw:
I think I love them all :love: Many congratulations to Zhenya and Vovan, but... Boikova/Kozlovskii!!!!!!

pearly

Record Breaker
During pairs competition? ofc

Well your post said that you would prefer to listen about quads than how no 14 was doing and that sounded a bit bitter to me.

I wouldn't say it's entirely bitter, actually. I just found it unprofessional. You are in the middle of Pairs, they are showing some replays the more reasonable is to talk and recap what was happening in the particular event. But even if you decide to talk about Evgenia.OK reasonable. But don't tell people on TV who they should love. It's not nice to be talled who you should love. This is annoying even for Evgenia's fans.

gold12345

Medalist
The best Tarasova & Morozov have skated in a while. I always appreciate their quality, explosiveness, etc, but it stands out even more on a day like this. And there's still room to do even better. They took out the throw 3F, but they didn't need it here and all of their throws are very strong and big. Hopefully they will continue to work on the 3FTh because it's a very impressive throw for them when they hit it. I really like that they found a program that suits their classic look well without resorting to using a warhorse.

A great rebound skate for Boikova & Kozlovskii after the disappointment of missing out on the Final. Zabijako and Enbert are more mature and Senior than them, but B/K are a bit more explosive in some of the elements so I see more of a potential wow factor there.

Whether they were making mistakes or not, this was a very good Russian pair field with strong pair skating and quality elements.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
The best Tarasova & Morozov have skated in a while. I always appreciate their quality, explosiveness, etc, but it stands out even more on a day like this. And there's still room to do even better. They took out the throw 3F, but they didn't need it here and all of their throws are very strong and big. Hopefully they will continue to work on the 3FTh because it's a very impressive throw for them when they hit it. I really like that they found a program that suits their classic look well without resorting to using a warhorse.

A great rebound skate for Boikova & Kozlovskii after the disappointment of missing out on the Final. Zabijako and Enbert are more mature and Senior than them, but B/K are a bit more explosive in some of the elements so I see more of a potential wow factor there.

Whether they were making mistakes or not, this was a very good Russian pair field with strong pair skating and quality elements.

It was the highest quality! Comparing to the other fields at Russian nationals it was the best, i think. Its a shame people dont follow pairs that much, they missed a lot here :biggrin:

readernick

Medalist
It was the highest quality! Comparing to the other fields at Russian nationals it was the best, i think. Its a shame people dont follow pairs that much, they missed a lot here :biggrin:

Agree, pairs is the best discipline in Russian. Coaches don’t just teach difficulty but also quality to the pairs teams. The single skaters could learn a lot from pairs.