2018-2019 Russian Nationals Pairs SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Pairs SP

moriel

Record Breaker
The dominance of the English language in pop culture is already noticeable in international events, but it’s even moreso here, where you have all these English-language programs at the Russian national championships.

Actually, considering that the programs are mostly intended for international competitions, since most of those pairs compete internationally, no surprise at all.
But then, on the other hand, what about all that russian classical music that skaters from other countries use?

Fruitpie

On the Ice
10 amazing clean perfomances and 2 still great pairs with mistakes. Unbelievable level of the competition.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Actually, considering that the programs are mostly intended for international competitions, since most of those pairs compete internationally, no surprise at all.
But then, on the other hand, what about all that russian classical music that skaters from other countries use?
It’s not surprising since they use the same programs, but the effect is all the more pronounced at an event that is mainly for domestic consumption.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I know a lot of people don’t like this program, but I enjoy it. It’s memorable and Z/E commit to it.

I really enjoy it too for it's uniqueness in storytelling/scenic adventure not usually seen in pairs. So points to them for not quite originality...but close enough.
:clap::2thumbs:

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States

Yeah but also listen to the music they're playing in the arena. Not quite Russian pop as I recognize most of the music.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Pairs field is really really great in Russia this year. Such a depth :agree:

Has to be the only federation with as many active and GOOD! pair teams. Unmatched by far, and they above all else is in a position to score their competition fairly without reputation scoring. But alas, some things will never change...after all we're only human.:shrug::rolleye:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Russia may save Pairs for the new Olympic cycle with all the retirements and injuries this season. I see the teams that may be contending for the podium in 2022 coming from the young Russian teams since other countries that are usually strong in Pairs like China and Canada don't seem to have young upcoming teams on the rise.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Sadly missed the whole thing live, but relieved to hear it all went well! :agree:

Looking forward to catching up Party Like A Russian and B/K in particular :clap:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First time i saw B/K was at Skate Canada when they had the 2nd highest score in the FS and almost won the bronze. I could see this was a team to watch out for the future and imagine my surprise that they are only 18 and 16. So much potential.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Sadly missed the whole thing live, but relieved to hear it all went well! :agree:

Looking forward to catching up Party Like A Russian and B/K in particular :clap:

Pairs was far and away the highlight of today. So many solid performances, relatively sane results/scoring, no utter disaster skates. And Party Like a Russian!