2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If Alexei Erokhov falls on his first jump, this'll be a record.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Unexpected fall, but I liked this program in Lombardia and I still like it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
What the heck was that fall? Dick Button would call it completely uncalled for!

BTW.. I really love this music. So beautiful.

Danny T

Medalist
Ouch freak fall ...

Side note: this music is very snoozy :slink:

ETA: omg his coach's reactionnn:laugh2::laugh2:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Matteo Rizzo (ITA)

Scratchy landing, slight touch down on the second foot (I think) on the 3A but done. A bit of a lean on the 3Lz+3T but landings were smooth still. Calm positions in the camel spin. Wonderful curves in the footwork that does its best to enhance the very quiet music. Strong 3F, but a very strange fall on the back edge. Good pair of spins to end the program.

It will be interesting to see whether the judges will mark the fall has a transitional fall or a fall on the 3F element. I think it will be the former since it was done on the step out of it. Overall, I think it's a very sensitive program that I think plays well to the Finland crowd. It's a welcome change of pace.

Score: 76.53

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Matteo. Aaaahhhh ... more beautiful piano music, thank you. It's so calming, while not putting me to sleep.

Kind of distracting, how he ran over to be in his "spot" after falling. The fall really lost the program.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well, with the JGP RD coming up soon, let the tango run loose, I guess.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What the heck was that fall? Dick Button would call it completely uncalled for!

BTW.. I really love this music. So beautiful.

:laugh2: I wonder if Dick watches skating at home and commentates to himself, because he'd totally say that.

ETA: omg his coach's reactionnn:laugh2::laugh2:

I know I totally LOL'd, I mean I hate to see him at an actual disaster, he'd probably drop dead of shock!

Meanwhile Nikolaj Majorov is here and he's killing this step sequence!

Danny T

Medalist
I wonder how coaches, choreographers and skaters come up with all those tangos for singles?

"Ahh yes, surely after the audience watching 1001 RD tangos they'd be hungry for more. Excellent choice."

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Nicolai Majorov

Let the brotherly contest begin!

Ouch, a harsh fall to the side on the opening 3Lz. Turn-out on the 3A, not a lot of speed going into it. Nice catchfoot position on the camel spin. Only a 2F+2T (invalid I believe). Good footwork sequence that is able to keep up with the acceleration of the music. A bit of an awkward chance of foot in the final spin but fast in the first part.

Nicolai does have good musicality. Just a shame on the jumps and not enough speed in spots.

Score: 50.97

Danny T

Medalist
Gotta comment on the nice footwork. First one that kinda keep up well with the music :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Shame about the jumps, but I do like him and the program. It's smooth and gentle while not being lackluster.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Sota Yamamoto (JPN)

Carefully through the 3A (thought it was a 2A at first). Nice speed and donut position in the flying camel spin. Illusion entry into the sit spin, likewise with a good speed, nice change of edge in cannonball position. 3-turn between the 3Lz+3T, harsh landing on the 3T with both arms down and maybe < (doesn't look like it on replay, surprisingly). Also a three-turn out of the 3F. Calm and collected footwork. Nice A-frame position and back scratch on the final spin.

Score: 72.16