2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Daniel Albert Naurits (EST)

Low landing on the 4S attempt (looks <). Low 3-turn on the 3A as well. Shaky 3Lz+3T, 3T looks < and both hands-down; also, the combo not in the second half it seems. Alright combo spin right into footwork that has some good edges though not performed on the beat of the music. Flying camel spin was quite slow near the end, the final sit spin is better.

Score: 56.26

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Graham Newberry (GBR)

Shades of Jeffrey Buttle's Nagoyqatsi costume.

Ouch, a fall on the opening 3A, seemed okay in the air. Better 3Lz+3T, looks clean. Nice running camels into the flying camel spin with very good speed. A little stumble in the spread eagle within the footwork, but good quick turns throughout. Only a 2Lo (invalid). Sit spin a bit wobbly with the centering. Slight struggle in the final spin.

Score: 52.99

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love the audience shots at this competition, omg it's so severe: **There is absolutely no chance I am going to clap for that person's performance. I am crossing my arms, and I am not going to uncross them. I dare you to go ahead and keep the camera on me -- I am still not going to clap for that performance.** [emoji33][emoji88][emoji380]

moriel

Record Breaker
I love the audience shots at this competition, omg it's so severe: **There is absolutely no chance I am going to clap for that person's performance. I am crossing my arms, and I am not going to uncross them. I dare you to go ahead and keep the camera on me -- I am still not going to clap for that performance.** [emoji33][emoji88][emoji380]

The severe finnish guys =D

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
But he kept looking down at his skates like something was wrong. I thought maybe his laces came untied or his boot was broken.

Hmmm, not sure. I looked back and he seemed fine in the 5-minute warm-up.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I am also surprised some judges gave Misha positive goe with hand down on 3A

Some of the judges probably gave him positive bullets for his air position and difficult entry, which is okay in this system now. :confused2:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Luc Economides' SP is such a radical expression. So gorgeous and poignantly transgressive. I love it so much.

Shame he didn't skate it better here -- but I think the men were cursed today.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Daniel Albert Naurits is making a lot of progress and has upgraded his content! I'm so proud of him. He's a wonderful skater. Hoping for a breakthrough soon!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I am still confused how it is +2 goe

Not that I agree but it goes something like:

Good air position - +1
Good height and distance - +1
Unexpected Entry - +1
Hand-down - -1

So +2.