• Daria PANENKOVA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alina ZAGITOVA

Votes: 179 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Country
Russia
Ladies in order of season best of this season.
In ( ) - personal best of previous seasons, for them who has not season best of this season.

1 Alina ZAGITOVA RUS 238.43
2 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 213.90
3 Loena HENDRICKX BEL 204.16
4 Viveca LINDFORS FIN 187.19
5 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS 187.13
6 Yuna SHIRAIWA JPN 173.01
7 Emmi PELTONEN FIN 172.02
8 Daria PANENKOVA RUS 168.54
9 Angela WANG USA 160.99
10 Hanul KIM KOR 153.22
11 Rika HONGO JPN 133.66

WD 6 Nicole SCHOTT GER (174.13)
Probably no substitute, too late.

Last edited:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I voted for Zagitova. I'm hoping that Daniil has made some vast improvements to her SP especially, but if not, I hope the judges give an appropriate CO mark of 7 max. And interested to see what the judges give her in GOE, definitely noticed generous numbers at Nebelhorn. Perhaps a reality check here?

Also, wishing Caro a speedy recovery. She and her skating will be missed at this event, especially her ability to mesmerize the audience with the art that she creates on the ice (eg. her Worlds SP in Milan). Looking forward to her return at Euros.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
I just realised I always thought Stanislava's name was actually Sofia. Or am I really confused by so many Russian girls?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I voted for Zagitova. I'm hoping that Daniil has made some vast improvements to her SP especially, but if not, I hope the judges give an appropriate CO mark of 7 max. And interested to see what the judges give her in GOE, definitely noticed generous numbers at Nebelhorn. Perhaps a reality check here?

Also, wishing Caro a speedy recovery. She and her skating will be missed at this event, especially her ability to mesmerize the audience with the art that she creates on the ice (eg. her Worlds SP in Milan). Looking forward to her return at Euros.

You can't give her 7 in the CO with an excuse that you don't like the program. That is not an objective judging. Even it is not your cup of tea her composition is technically the most challeging one and and from the technical side of view composed very well. She also portrays a character from the story with visible character's movements and expressions throughout the programme, so she is showing an idea/concept there. Technical elements and body movements are placed on adequate music phrases. And there is a lot of variations in tech elements, blades work, body movements and in general using of the space and ice surface.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^ I already had an extensive discussion with you on this very topic, with reference to the judges' criteria to evaluate Composition. It's not as simple as me not liking the program. You can review my reasoning in this post and this post of the Nebelhorn Ladies SP thread, especially in regards to purpose, and phase and form. We're going to have to agree to disagree at this point.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Judges can give Alina 7s if they give 5s to everyone else here. She is in the league of her own. Only Rika can challenge her technical score and Satoko can challenge her pcs. But no one in the world now can challenge her combined score major meltdown aside....and I don't miss Caro at all. Watching her struggle with jumps last season was hard and sad.

Ziotic

Medalist
This is such a weak field for ladies. It’s really depressing that even if she’s a disaster the only competition Alina has is Kaori.

With that being said I’m looking forward to Kaori punching her ticker to GPF (preferably with a gold, but I can settle for a silver)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘m looking forward to Alina‘s next gold and Kaori‘s next silver medal. :)

The rest... hoping for Dasha Panenkova to have a good competition. While the first two places are pretty much already decided before the actual competition, bronze medal seems ready to grab. I‘d prefer Loena Hendrickx but I don‘t know whether she‘s in top form again. Other than that Stanislava Konstantinova and maybe Yuna Shiraiwa could grab it. I think the battle for bronze will be the most exciting one. Even though I look forward to seeing Alina and Kaori slay again, of course. :clap:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
^ I already had an extensive discussion with you on this very topic, with reference to the judges' criteria to evaluate Composition. It's not as simple as me not liking the program. You can review my reasoning in this post and this post of the Nebelhorn Ladies SP thread, especially in regards to purpose, and phase and form. We're going to have to agree to disagree at this point.

OK, i remember :biggrin: But you just can't say there is no purpose in her skating. She is portraying character from the Phantom of the opera and some of her movements (not all of course) are purporsely replica of that character, as her facial expressions too. That is what purpose means - to show to the judges/audience a character, mood or a music per se, nobody asking from skaters to produce something which doesn't exist yet, or to seeking for some greater purpose. And she was great amount of time in the character! Phrase and form means that her movements and tech elements are matching the changes in the music/story, which is exactly what she was doing in Nebelhorn. I mean, she was demonstrating both criterias (the purpose and phrasing of the music). Its another question how much we like/dislike how she was doing that and methods she was using, which is after all a subjective statement and shoudnt be part of the scores.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just wish Alina would skate with a straight back---not pitched forward all the time.

lusk8

Record Breaker
I'm Alina all the way.

I hope she has fun and two great skates (I should really say 3 since there's the EX) under her belt come next Monday.

For silver I'm going with Kaori, the ultimate happy girl, and for bronze with Loena (hope that stomach bug that pulled her out of the last competition is long gone by now).

On other notes: I really want Dasha to have clean skates, I'm not sure going back to back will do her any favors but I wish her the best.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm Alina all the way.

I hope she has fun and two great skates (I should really say 3 since there's the EX) under her belt come next Monday.

For silver I'm going with Kaori, the ultimate happy girl, and for bronze with Loena (hope that stomach bug that pulled her out of the last competition is long gone by now).

On other notes: I really want Dasha to have clean skates, I'm not sure going back to back will do her any favors but I wish her the best.

Cant wait to see Alina and Kaori! (BTW, I just learned that while hand sanitizer in good amounts works well on most viruses, it does NOT work well on the highly contageous Norovirus. Chris who has had norovirus 4 times)
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/really-the-claim-hand-sanitizer-stops-norovirus-spread/
All skaters please pay attention to proper sanitation...too much illness and injury as it is. :(

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I hope Loena has a strong showing. I was in the rink watching her practices at Skate America and she looked so strong. I hope she finds some personal redemption here. I would love to see her earn the bronze.