2018 JGP Linz Ladies Short Program | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Ladies Short Program

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Leona, WOW, very impressive step sequences. She was really into the music, too.

She was much better than one could judge just by her jumps, pity she struggled with it. But yes, she was very into music, good movements and spirals. Just those jumps need to be better.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The protocols are up.

- Kostornaia got a ! on her Lutz.
- Cui got an outright edge call on the same jump.
- Bulawka did indeed get the 3T-3T, though she doubled her flip had got a downgrade on her 2A, which explains her relatively low score despite the successful combination.

zounger

Medalist
Ting got an edge call on Lutz and Haein << on 3T in combo and < on 3F that may explain their scores ...

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Noemie!!! :hap10::hap10::hap10:
I like the gems in her bun
some nicely timed leaps in the opening choreo
3Lzrippon just stepped out 2T*
FCSp
StSq very musical
2A step
3F nice!
SSp nice and fast
CCoSp nice musical phrasing
Aww, some jump wobbles for Noemie but I really liked the program.

That flip was giving her curry all last season until she nailed it at Nationals, and now look at it! :)

I'm proud of her. All my girls did well! Gudize's program was fantastic!

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I have kind of a dumb question. Can someone help me understand how the GOEs that the judges are giving impacts the points that are given for an element. I'm looking at Alena's protocols and on a number of elements she got a +4, and yet her TES doesn't seem reflective of that. I'm just a little confused.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I think my favourite performance today was Anna Kuzmenko! What a nice discovery :)

I liked Anna too, not really my favourite, but her program was very enjoyable :agree: I would have given her a little more PCS, but that's just me and my personal opinion :biggrin:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have kind of a dumb question. Can someone help me understand how the GOEs that the judges are giving impacts the points that are given for an element. I'm looking at Alena's protocols and on a number of elements she got a +4, and yet her TES doesn't seem reflective of that. I'm just a little confused.

The GOE numbers in the new system represent percentages of the base value (10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 % for everything except the Choreographic Sequence in singles). So if a skater got blanket +4s on a double salchow, their GOE would be 0.52, ie 40% of the base value of 1.30, and their total score would be 1.82, but if they also got blanket +4s for a triple axel the GOE would be 3.20, ie 40% of 8.00, and their final score for that element would be 11.20.

leoleo

Medalist
How much does an ! call impact your GOE? I see that judge 9 gave Alina a +4 despite it? i'm not the most familiar with technicals in figure skating
Also yeay at her getting a rain of +4s on her beautiful 2A

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
The GOE numbers in the new system represent percentages of the base value (10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 % for everything except the Choreographic Sequence in singles). So if a skater got blanket +4s on a double salchow, their GOE would be 0.52, ie 40% of the base value of 1.30, and their total score would be 1.82, but if they also got blanket +4s for a triple axel the GOE would be 3.20, ie 40% of 8.00, and their final score for that element would be 11.20.
Thank you!! I just took a look at the new scale of values and that helped as well.

zounger

Medalist
How much does an ! call impact your GOE? I see that judge 9 gave Alina a +4 despite it? i'm not the most familiar with technicals in figure skating

According to the rules.

2. Correct take-off edge in F/Lz: signs “e” and “!” indicate an error. The base values of the jumps with the sign “e” are listed in
the SOV table. The sign “!” allows to keep full original base value of the jump.

So it's up to the judges I guess.

andromache

Record Breaker
Are they stricter with StSq4 this year? It seems unusual to me that, out of the 3 ladies programs on the JGP thus far, only 3 StSq4 have been recognized - one in the SP and LP from Ji Hun To last week and one in last week's LP from an Italian girl.

It seems unusual for Eteri's girls (or any of the good Russian juniors, honestly) to miss their StSq levels.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

-1 to -3 in deductions. I guess her starting point was +5 for her to get +2 by a lot of them. You don't really need a good edge for positive GOE anymore, I guess?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Are they stricter with StSq4 this year? It seems unusual to me that, out of the 3 ladies programs on the JGP thus far, only 3 StSq4 have been recognized - one in the SP and LP from Ji Hun To last week and one in last week's LP from an Italian girl.

It seems unusual for Eteri's girls (or any of the good Russian juniors, honestly) to miss their StSq levels.

To be honest, Alena hit step sequence 4 once last season, if I'm not mistaken, so it's not abnormal for her.

zounger

Medalist

Alena had StSq3 even last year I was expecting her to improve in that aspect this year, but I guess it's not easy. I'm not so experience thought to say why and if anyone knows, I would like to hear it. Is it the ice coverage?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Did the host play the folk song of the skater's country after each skate, when the audience are waiting for the scores? If so, that's so sweet.