2018 Olympic Figure Skating TV Schedules | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating TV Schedules

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ironically, the fact that Figure Skating is in the middle of the night in Europe work as and advatage for a good coverage! No other discpiline to compete with, so I can record it all I want :cheer:

rollerblade

Record Breaker
3.5 hours coverage, with commercials... NBC is definitely not showing all the skaters. They will probably cut to skiing at random intervals as well.

God bless bootleg streams. :luv17:

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Okay, I confess this question is probably partly due to laziness because I didn't see the answer skimming several things. Is the NBC stream of the skating from NBCOlympics.com going to be available to watch later if I cannot catch it live?

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Just to let you know that I have updated my TV Schedule post to include the BBC, as well as some general entertainment channels owned by Discovery that have been added to the German and Swedish versions of the Eurosport Player.

The BBC do not give detailed schedules of what they are showing, so I was only able to find programmes that specifically mentioned figure skating. And there were not many.

I hate the way the BBC does the Olympics!

CaroLiza_fan

Do you know if BBC are adding multiple channels for the Olympics like they do with the Summer Olympics & Wimbledon ?. Only One Red Button channel there so far.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Do you know if BBC are adding multiple channels for the Olympics like they do with the Summer Olympics & Wimbledon ?. Only One Red Button channel there so far.

They're not. Eurosport have the multiple channels this time, but they're only available on Virgin and BT. If you have anyother provider, the only way to see more is to get the Eurosport Player.

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
They're not. Eurosport have the multiple channels this time, but they're only available on Virgin and BT. If you have anyother provider, the only way to see more is to get the Eurosport Player.

CaroLiza_fan

That's pretty bad. BBC are really poor this time around.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Okay, I confess this question is probably partly due to laziness because I didn't see the answer skimming several things. Is the NBC stream of the skating from NBCOlympics.com going to be available to watch later if I cannot catch it live?

So far - yes. Although the practice sessions are not.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Cross posting from the streaming thread -

NBC Coverage - http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-...cs-pyeongchang

I finally got serious with the streaming page, and I find there is a bit of a difference with the scheduling tonight, Saturday, 02/10 - though most of you have probably already figured it out. These times are Eastern -

Olympic Ice - PRE SHOW - 7:00 pm
Ladies, Dance, and Pairs free skate team competition - 8:00 pm
Olympic Ice - POST SHOW - 12:35 am​

There was an Olympic Ice Post show on Thursday that I missed. It is available on the streaming page

I'm pretty sure the times are right for TV as well as streaming. Olympic Ice is on NBCSN. Competition is on NBC.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Schedule for Sunday - Figure Skating - 02/11/18

Times are Eastern

Olympic Ice Pre-show - 6:00 pm streaming/NBCSN
Competition - 8:00 pm - streaming/NBC
Olympic Ice Post-show - 11:05 pm appears to be only online.

There is a practice scheduled but the time is not correct. I understand it will start at 6:30 eastern

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why are ladies the only discipline to have a day off between short and long programs? :scratch2:

They could have given everyone a day break, by staggering the events like they used to:
Pairs SP - Men's SP - Pairs FS - Men's FS // SD - Ladies SP - FD - Ladies FS.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Is Ashley Wagner actually commentating for any network?

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Why are ladies the only discipline to have a day off between short and long programs? :scratch2:

They could have given everyone a day break, by staggering the events like they used to:
Pairs SP - Men's SP - Pairs FS - Men's FS // SD - Ladies SP - FD - Ladies FS.

I'm sure it's some sort of scheduling issue. I don't know what sports are happening on the day in between but I bet it's something that brings in viewers. It also give NBC a chance to promote the Ladies event event more - and thus pay the bills and make a profit.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Hi all,

As regards Tuesday coverage: Does anyone know what the qualitative difference (if any) will be for fs on NBC Primetime coverage and NBCSN?? Do I need to record both to get all of the skating, or what?

Thank you!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
According to their TV listing ...

NBC Primetime coverage will definitely cut to other sports like they always do (Snowboarding and Alpine Skiing).

NBCSN coverage will show the earlier groups. There's also a "pregame show" from 6-7pm EST.

So yes, looks like you'll want to record both, as NBCSN figure skating coverage is only 2 hours long.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Figure Skating Schedule - 02/13 - Pairs Short

Times are eastern -

Olympic Ice Pre-show - 7:00 pm NBCSN /online (Scott, Tanith)
Competition - 8:00 pm NBCSN and NBC and online - Early groups will/should be shown on NBCSN. NBC will be going back and forth to other sports, as always. Only time will tell if we get to see ALL the performances between the 2 networks. The online stream should have ALL the skates.
Olympic Ice Post-show - 11:35 pm Online only (Kristi, Ben, Charlie)

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how...ating-during-2018-winter-olympics-pyeongchang

YagsFan

On the Ice
According to their TV listing ...

NBC Primetime coverage will definitely cut to other sports like they always do (Snowboarding and Alpine Skiing).

NBCSN coverage will show the earlier groups. There's also a "pregame show" from 6-7pm EST.

So yes, looks like you'll want to record both, as NBCSN figure skating coverage is only 2 hours long.

Thanks, Rollerblade:) That's just what I did---record both. Then I watched the NBCSN coverage 1st, followed by NBC. As far as I could tell, they only dropped one pair---the 2nd Italians. So I'm a happy camper, both with the coverage and with the results!

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Figure Skating Schedule - 02/14 - Pairs Free

Times are eastern -

- Olympic Ice Pre-show - 7:00 pm NBCSN /online (Scott, Tanith)
- Competition - 8:30 pm NBCSN and NBC and online - Early groups will/should be shown on NBCSN however Knierims skate 2nd so NBC should show them. NBC will be going back and forth to other sports, as always. Only time will tell if we get to see ALL the performances between the 2 networks (the Italians M/H were chacked by NBC for the short). The online stream should have ALL the skates.
- Olympic Ice Post-show - 11.35 pm online only. (Kristi, Ben, Charlie)
- Medal Ceremonies - Olympic Channel and online 5:00 AM

Streaming site - http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-watch-literally-all-figure-skating-during-2018-winter-olympics-pyeongchang

Schedule and results - https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/figure-skating/daily-schedule.htm

LaArdilla

Medalist
(Posted on the Pairs SP thread as well)

Hello there! Anybody from Poland planning to watch the Pairs FS on Eurosport? I've just noticed something confusing: when I look at the schedule, the FS is planned for 02:25-03:00 on Player and that's it. 35 minutes? Do you think it's just a mistake or are they really not showing the whole thing?

https://pl.eurosportplayer.com/schedule/future/1