2A
FCCoSp

One mistake, but overall strong skate. She smiles

FS: 68.42+68.11 = 136.53, 209.71, 3/21

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kaori Sakamoto

Clean 3F+3T to start with no problems. Great flow out of the 3S. Lots of ease through the step sequence (Level 4). Good height in the tuck on the flying sit spin (Level 4). Great flow-out on the 3Lz (but an edge call, though). And a nice 3F+2T. Decent centering on the combo spin (Level 4). Smooth 2A+3T+2T. A little step-out on the 3Lo but a good comeback with a smooth 2A. Strong combo spin to end the program, especially that low sit spin (Level 4).

Just a slight hitch on the 3Lo, but apart from that, a very smooth technical performance. She has lovely flow and speed across the ice, just a wonderful sense of ease through the program that is breezy and also refined. I think that the whole arm portion of the choreography was a little contrived but everything else was quite mature. She just needs to learn to project to the audience more and have just a bit more gravitas in her skating to be a top podium contender on the world stage.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
22 ZAGITOVA Alina (OAR)

Music: Don Quixote by Leon Minkus

Red strapless tutu, long gloves, gold details

ChSq
FCSp
StSq
3Lz - hangs on
2A+3T
3F+2T+2Lo
LSp
3Lz+3Lo
3S
3F
2A
CCoSp

Easily does 3Lz+3Lo very late. Great skate, she fistpumps! Gold seems sure

FS: 81.62+75.03 = 156.65, 239.57 (PB), 1/22

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova

A difficult choreo sequence. A little bit off on the start of the flying camel spin but still well-centered. Refined edges and good positions in the step sequence. Only a 3Lz without the 3Lo combo but maybe she'll get it later. Strong 2A+3T. Nice series of 3F+2T+2Lo with tanos and rippons, and strong combo spin with stretched positions. Strong 3Lz+3Lo, nice comeback from the missed combo at the start. Nice rippon 3S. And another strong rippon 3F. A bit rough on the 2A but still alright. A fantastic layback spin to finish.

I almost thought she was starting to lose it with the first missed combo but then she tacked on the combo later on so she's definitely got a good competitive mind. Still not a fan of the backloading but the way the program is edited and choreographed, it works well. Medvedeva has her work cut out for her to beat this but the judges will likely put some room for her to possibly win. She will be assuredly on the podium.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
23 OSMOND Kaetlyn (CAN)

Music: Andante Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski
No. 24 Scene: Allegro (from "Swan Lake") by Petr I. Tchaikovski
Stumbled Beginnings (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell
Nina's Dream (from "Black Swan") by Clint Mansell

Black strapless dress, silvery sparkle

3F+3T
2A+3T
3Lz - stepout
FCCoSp
LSp
3Lo
3F
3S+2T+2Lo
2A
StSq
ChSq
CCoSp

Great skate! Just a stepout, but with her SP lead, I think she will get bronze

FS: 76.50+75.65 = 152.15 (PB), 231.02 (PB), 2/23

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond

Bang-on 3F+3T to start. Great 2AA+3T with plenty of height. Step-out on the 3Lz. Good spin. Nice illusion entry into the layback spin. Smooth 3Lo, good save. Wonderfully secure second 3F! And a squeaky clean 3S+2T+2Lo and the 2A was strong as well. Great position and power in the step sequence. And a strong combo spin to finish the program with a great ending position right on the music.

Well, that's the best rendition of Swan Lake that I've seen from her all season. She's definitely peaked at the right time. The second half of the program has been plaguing her all season, but she was able to land all of those jumps solidly despite the mistake on the 3Lz which she normally lands with speed. She may not be the most balletic skater but she has strong, precise positions and detail through the arms and hands, as well as height on the jumps that will keep her technical high even with the mistake. I believe she will capture the bronze (at the very least) above Satoko.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
24 MEDVEDEVA Evgenia (OAR)

Music: Anna Karenina (soundtrack) by Dario Marianelli

Brown off-the-shoulder dress, red flower details, long gloves

3F+3T
3Lz - !
FCCoSp
StSq
3F
3Lo
2A+2T+2T
3S+3T
2A
ChSq
CCoSp
LSp

Wow, super skate! She really attacked. She cries. Whatever happens, I hope she is happy with her medal

FS: 79.18+77.47 = 156.65 (SB), 238.26 (SB), 2/24

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Evgenia Medvedeva

Sturdy 3F(tano)+3T to open. Good tano 3Lz into a spread eagle. Very good center on the flying combo spin. Lovely phrasing with each step right to the beat of the music. And another tano 3F done with ease. Strong landing on the 3Lo. Safe and secure 2A+2T+2T with tanos. Smooth rippon 3S+3T. Secure 2A. Wonderful combo spin and a strong center on the layback spin.

What a wonderful performance! That technical score doesn't look like it will match Zagitova's and be a bit too much for even her to conquer, but I think she's safely secure into the silver medal position. The landings of her jumps may not have as much ride-out as Zagitova's and her spins may not be as fast, but she did the best she could with that program and has better overall artistry. Either way, I hope she's proud of that performance and that she's still one of the best skaters in the modern era.

Interestingly, if Evgenia put the 3F+3T and the 3Lz in the second half, that would have given her about 1.5 points extra in technical, enough to have won the gold medal

Why did Evgenia win the FS, given that she and Alina got the same score?
The tiebreaker in the long is the PCS.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Good job Draqq and Sequinsgalore.

Thanks for all your hard work. I appreciate it and I'm sure lots of other people do too.

:points: