2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well... I think most of the competitors will want to just forget today. I didn't watch the men's segment but the rest has been... largely uninspiring. Hopefully the rinkmonster is satiated and we can have some wonderful skates tomorrow... :slink:

badknees

Medalist
I support Gracie and hope she has a successful comeback all the way to the next Olympics.

However, I agree with the other posters in saying this is not the best way to start a comeback.
I rather fault the USFSA for giving her a GP spot that is supposed to be given to the top level skaters.
At this current time Gracie is not a top level skater and this spot could have been given to another skater.

It's somewhat like in major league baseball when they send a player back to the minors after injury or a prolonged absence.
They get into competitive shape there and then they come back up to the majors.

I feel Gracie should have started in the B comps and come up through regionals and sectionals on her way back to being a top level skater.
That being said, I need to go back and read the rules for giving a skater a GP slot. Still, even if she was given this slot within the rules, I don't think she is in competitive shape for GP level of competition.

Yes, it took bravery and guts, but the reason it did, I believe, is because she is not ready yet for this level of competition.
I hope her current coaching situation is good enough to work her hard and get her where she needs to be for nationals.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Did not expect to see Alexia in the final group, let alone likely top 3, after the short with this field but here we are...

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Hey Grace Gold did a tougher combo than Lil' Bet.

Yeah, I was going to say earlier that Gracie should feel better. But I didn’t want to sound like I was gloating over bad skates. I don’t wish anyone a bad day. That being said, looking at how things shook out, Gracie wasn’t exceptionally awful.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Well it's a shame that Lil Bet isn't reaching her potential. She must have been dreaming when she landed that 3S. lol

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Wow, what a mess. We've HELLsinki, NHKillmenow, and RosteleBOMB. I hope IDF goes better but I'm ready with InternatioNO de France if need be.

Expecting some musical chairs in the free skate, but damn...imagine if Alexia Paganini holds onto third and medals. I'd be thrilled for her at least.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... I am a terrible person to comment on a general competition thread, I love my darlings too much for me to not be affected deeply... I can't remember what I saw other than the fact she doubled her salchow, I just want to cry.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Eteri looks less than thrilled.

“Here Danil...you take her guards...I need to look this way”.

LOL I was just thinking I don't know if I've ever seen anyone who has perfected "You bore me. Life bores me, I'm bored" look more than Eteri.

Her minions must live in terror of it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah, I was going to say earlier that Gracie should feel better. But I didn’t want to sound like I was gloating over bad skates. I don’t wish anyone a bad day. That being said, looking at how things shook out, Gracie wasn’t exceptionally awful.

Yeah, I didn't want to gloat, but it goes to show that "being prepared" means little on game day.

Danny T

Medalist
Megasport ice, probably: Olympic champion or bust :cool14:

(@Yags, time to do the gala - ice's gonna bless you)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Alexia in third place. I'm really thrilled for her and she deserves it but yikes, sorry that it had to be this way. Hope she can hold it together in the free skate!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Well... I think most of the competitors will want to just forget today. I didn't watch the men's segment but the rest has been... largely uninspiring. Hopefully the rinkmonster is satiated and we can have some wonderful skates tomorrow... :slink:

The rinkmonster is well-fed and gassy. I advise staying clear of the area until he can be sedated with a 4Lz.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Still 4th place for Lil Bet, that's not so bad, she can come back in the FP.
Also Sofia is really fighting for that GPF spot! :clapper: