2018 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Men's Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Rink: What did you think about the cursed ice?
Hanyu: POOH

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right, I'm off to take a nap before the Aussies carve up at Inge Solar Memorial. See you all later! :bed:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
20 points and change between Yuzu and second... yeah, he’s the sole resident of Planet Hanyu for a reason.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well-deserved 110+. Can't we make him Emperor of Japan?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
YUZUUUUUUU YASSSSSSSSSSS.

I have tears in my eyes, I was shrieking my head off at 7:30 in the morning and probably woke up the entire household, I scared my cat off my lap......

HE BROUGHT BACK THE RIPPON +T, WHOOOO.

And another world record!!! So good to see happy faces in the k&c for a change.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, what's wrong with them? I didn't expect that it would be preciesly Sergei Voronov who would be defending their honor this season...

It's odd...as far as I know TAT and others say the Russian men are too soft these days in terms of life experience. I mean Plushy travelled 1000 miles from home when he was 13 to skate and lived by himself for a whole year. That sort of thing would put stuff into prespective (although you could argue there'd be even more pressure then...because if he didn't skate well he'd never be able to help his family out), so it's kinda of a mystery.

WOOOW 110.53 for Yuzu! Brian bows to him! Pooh does his little wave and the Yuzu fans are crying tears of happiness!

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Eurosport is playing replays of the jumps and they are all falls :DDD

lusk8

Record Breaker
Yesssss!!! Yuzuru 110!!!

My impeccable timing allowed me to wake up and get the stream going just as he was taking the ice.

Amazing performance!! A little kid even went center ice to give him a hug after his skate, to bad the camera cut away from it as it happened.

I'm so happy for him!!!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So, for Yuzuru all that's left to see is whether he'll get that 200+ back, so I am going to pray for Kazuki to grab a bronze. It looks pretty doable, he just needs to be clean again. Hmm, I think I might just pray to god-descended-on-earth Hanyu Yuzuru for that.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yep, Yuzuru destroying the competition per usual... GPF looks even more dangerous/exciting now. No one in his two GPs has come remotely close to making him break a sweat.

Now my biggest concern for tomorrow... can Keegan still podium?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well that was a very exciting competition Yuzu wise! And fabulous for Moris, Alexander and Paul Fentz.

As an Aussie I'm very sad for Brendan though! I hope he nails his FS - weird music choice or not.

As for me, I must go to bed because while I'd love to watch Pairs and Ladies they're on at stupid o'clock and I'm an old lady who can't do stupid o'clock :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yep, Yuzuru destroying the competition per usual... GPF looks even more dangerous/exciting now. No one in his two GPs has come remotely close to making him break a sweat.

Now my biggest concern for tomorrow... can Keegan still podium?

Keegan can still rack up the points. If he scores anywhere what he did at SCI, he should be able to make up the 10 point difference.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
So men's short practically died and was saved only by Emperor Hanyu who looked as if the cursed ice did not impress him at all :luv17:

this guy is just untouchable, and enjoys himself more than ever which is the biggest joy for me :biggrin::love:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yuzu is like unconcerned with all the drama on the ice before him. He's come to conquer.

This is yet another very important thing that sets him miles apart from others at this point, after elaborating 2 weeks ago on his majestic, commanding presence - he is in total, absolute control over everything he has influence on: jumps, spins, figures, movement, expression, musicality, presentation and he focuses so intensely on what is happening NOW, in particular moment of performance to rejoice everything into perfection. He seems totally unconcerned about surroundings, how others did, it is him, ice, music and audience waiting for something special, memorable and unique to witness - and he strives for it, the attention given to him is fully (or even beyond) reciprocated by how much work and attention he gives into his skating, performance quality, the immense power of his presence illuminating every stage, every competition, regardless of country or field.

I feel he already surpassed stage most male skaters are right now at: being focused on stabilizing all factors, synchronizing them into 'automatic' mechanism working optimally just for him to progress on more 'abstract' items concerning skating; he's now just at ease with delivering the best show by competitive program, accumulating all the energy, purpose, strength into performance time, spreading the presence all over his execution/craft achieved, influencing than executing. And there's incredible maturity, self-consciousness going about this era of Yuzuru's skating already - there is ZERO, no hesitation going into the program, making an absolute best out of it by creation put on ice, feeling the command on his body to the music. There is no second-guess, no waver, no doubt seeing him now - he ruled his skating first, now he just rules.