2018 Skate America Ladies Short Program | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Ladies Short Program

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Can someone explain how GOE is awarded? It seems they are awarded in real time, and I noticed Satoko's GOE on jumps are very high.
If she had an under rotation, would the GEO go down?

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Satoko's performance today has everything I love in figure skating - rotated jumps (all were good today imo!), superb SS, musiciality, and meaningful movement

Vili67

On the Ice
That was almoast Japan domination.
Hope that in free Marin takes one step higher.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Bradie did the best she could after the combo. Her ss has improved a lot from last season. She also spins so fast, and the end of the program was quite dramatic. Hope she gets on the podium.

twirlingblades

Medalist
I think Bradie did the best she could after the combo. Her ss has improved a lot from last season. She also spins so fast, and the end of the program was quite dramatic. Hope she gets on the podium.

She got level 4 on her SS and has great spins. The combo is so unfortunate. I hope she skates clean tomorrow.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Protocols are up: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpusa2018/gpusa2018_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Laurine's second 3T was called downgraded, not just underrotated, which explains why her score dropped. But level 4 on all three spins - that's a change from last season when she could hardly get one for trying! And everything bar the combination had GOE in positive integers with just the occasional 0 speckled about. Not at all bad for her first international competition of the season. Onward and upward, top 6 finish in the FS Laurine!

3dsushi

On the Ice
Yep. Bronze is pretty much all she can get as Kaori and Satoko are very consistent skaters.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
Can someone explain how GOE is awarded? It seems they are awarded in real time, and I noticed Satoko's GOE on jumps are very high.
If she had an under rotation, would the GEO go down?

The GOE would go down for a UR, but they could still be positive, overall. Guidelines for GOE: https://www.isu.org/docman-document...munications/17142-isu-communication-2168/file

If the judges want to look at some slightly sketchy or shaky things they might use their own video review and adjust GOE anyway if they see an uncalled UR, or confirm/notice some other issue they didn’t take into account real time. It’s not too uncommon after a shaky skate that you see the TES go up or down by a point or two without any tech calls, because the judges were tweaking the GOE one way or another.

vla13

Rinkside
Wow, I really loved all the Japanese ladies, I would be super happy if they could all medal. And I want all of their dresses, even if Marin's isn't quite appropriate. I also surprisingly (I really wasn't a fan last season) liked Bradie's program, pity she popped.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
I actually am really impressed by the judging here; I might have called Satoko’s 3F as “<“ but otherwise the TP was consistently strict and the judges didn’t go crazy with the GOE, either.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
One good thing: the positive mania for bent arm tanos does seem to have abated. I know some people like them -- and good for you if you do (hey--I'm all for strong opinions). But I think jumps simply look better without the bent arm. Straight arm tanos on the other hand, really do look impressive, because they elongate the line. Just a personal opinion (and you know how I feel about those! :luv17:).

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Tsurskaya WAS ROBBED! Her 3Lz+3T was perfectly clean while in protocols it marked as UR.
What a disgusting technical panel. Before it Zhou, now this.. If that continues - I am afraid FS will turn in circus on ice where all would depend on a whim of tech callers. Maybe strict judging is good - but not to that degree. It was two great mistakes in ISU congress:
1) limiting bonus jumps only to 1 in sp/3 in fp (which destroyed all variety in programs as we can see already)
2) making more harsh UR calls (which turns competitions in judging farce)