2018 Skate Canada: GP Predictions Game Round 2 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada: GP Predictions Game Round 2

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
186 players in pairs, predictions are in after the free!

It took me a fair bit longer than an hour and a half as I had some spreadsheet difficulties, but we're here now.

I'll get all the scores uploaded as soon as I can, but I'm pretty exhausted so it might be tomorrow. If you want to know yours before them, let me know and I'll look it up.

There, there tabsy. You shouldn't have exhausted yourself doing the scoring last night. It could have waited until today.

^Wow tabsy, you are quick. Seems like you got on with scoring the predictions right after the pairs free. Thanks for your efforts!

Oh, she was definitely keen to get going! Like, on Friday she was getting at me to hurry up and close the thread so that she could start copying the predictions over! :laugh:

But, when you think of it, that is the best way of doing the scoring. Get the predictions copied over before the Free Skate even starts, so that after the skating is over, all you have to do is put in the results, and then work out the scores.

And it really does mean you can get the scores announced quickly. :agree:

I always aimed to do it this way when I was scoring, and I always failed miserably. :slink: So, my hats do go off to tabsy for managing to do it in her first time scoring. :bow:

The only problem is that she has now set a very high standard for us all to live up to... :eek:

WELL DONE, TABSY!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
There, there tabsy. You shouldn't have exhausted yourself doing the scoring last night. It could have waited until today.

Oh, she was definitely keen to get going! Like, on Friday she was getting at me to hurry up and close the thread so that she could start copying the predictions over!

But, when you think of it, that is the best way of doing the scoring. Get the predictions copied over before the Free Skate even starts, so that after the skating is over, all you have to do is put in the results, and then work out the scores.

And it really does mean you can get the scores announced quickly.

I always aimed to do it this way when I was scoring, and I always failed miserably. So, my hats do go off to tabsy for managing to do it in her first time scoring. :bow:

The only problem is that she has now set a very high standard for us all to live up to...

WELL DONE, TABSY!!! :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you :thank:

I'll start uploading into the spreadsheet shortly. Don't worry - the scoring part was fine (until I had a panic with the range expansion because it was giving numbers all over the place, but then I realised I was using the old one :palmf:) - I was just exhausted because it's been a long weekend for many reasons (work, work, more work :shocked:) ... :bed:

I wanted to copy the predictions over because sitting in front of the TV during the Pairs SP and FS is a good time for me to copy over :) and it's interesting seeing people's prediction trends up against how people are actually doing :cool14:

Hopefully it'll be easier next weekend :cheer2:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
186 players in pairs, predictions are in after the free!

It took me a fair bit longer than an hour and a half as I had some spreadsheet difficulties, but we're here now.

Congratulations to the 2 gold medallists, satine and Ruby999, both with 75 points! :cheer:

41 players got the silver, with an impressive 70 points.

29 players got the bronze with 65 points.

Well done to all players for giving it a go, and a special shout-out to Evelyn and Trennt for their much improved outing, and Vanessa and Morgan for that spectacular skate :love:

I'll get all the scores uploaded as soon as I can, but I'm pretty exhausted so it might be tomorrow. If you want to know yours before them, let me know and I'll look it up.

did i get the bronze, right? (i usually mess up with math)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Well... how it goes...

Ladies: 35 :frown:
1 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA 5
2 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA 10
3 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA 5
4 Mako YAMASHITA 5
5 Mariah BELL 10
-
6 Wakaba HIGUCHI

Men: 50 :yay:
1 Shoma UNO 15
2 Keegan MESSING 15
3 Junhwan CHA 15
4 Jason BROWN 5
5 Kazuki TOMONO 0 :dbana:
-
6 Nam NGUYEN

Pairs: 65 :yes2:
1 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES 15
2 Cheng PENG / Yang JIN 15
3 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO 15
4 Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII 15
5 Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR 5
-
6 Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER

Dance: 50 :yay:
1 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE 15
2 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER 10
3 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV 10
4 Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN 0 :dbana:
5 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ 15
-
6 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC

Too bad for the ladies's points. Actually, picking all the first six ladies wasn't that bad, but i have put everyone on wrong place aside the sixth, that doesn't even count :confused2:

Probably i don't medal on anything aside a bronze on pairs, but i'm good with this
:agree2:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Ladies' results

Gold with 55 points:

vesperalvioletta
katymay
StephenGfan
alinaharry

Silver with 45 points:

elektra blue
Winry
IceBallerina
AshWagsFan
MrECartman
LaArdilla
SubRosa
Phireye
Nirti
cake
NoNameFace
StitchMonkey
readernick
Pandicorn
cathlen
Maria Anna
MalAssada
Sam-Skwantch
chuckm
ladykk
casualfan
satine
CaroLiza_fan
zebobes

Bronze with 40 points:

MelDee
laiyamanika
vincb17
rikaquegira
Orlov
Pocaguri
Mpd

:dance3: :points::rock:
Congrats to all the winners.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Third discipline and third medal, kinda surprised about that:laugh:

And 215 in total. I always have 2nd GP as my best and 3rd is a meltdown. Looking at starting list for Helsinki it could be a tradition :laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
:hap10:

two medals! a bronze and a silver! i should prepare my award winner speach :laugh:

Weathergal

Medalist
Men’s Results

GOLD with 70 points: GINO, Ice Diva, StephenGfan

SILVER with 65 points: MrECartman, Nathan13, snowflake

BRONZE with 60 points: BillNeal, Chris Cooper, Daniel1998, FS101, gonewiththewind25, Hyena, itofan, lavenderblossom, lichi, Marius, s_parks, ssffww, TheBallerina, xibsuarz

Congratulations to all the medalists! :agree:

Although we didn’t have any perfect scores of 75, there were quite a few people who correctly predicted the podium. Most players had Shoma Uno correct in first place. One of the most common errors was having Keegan Messing and Junhwan Cha switched. Kazuki Tomono not coming near the podium hurt quite a few guesses; Roman Sadowsky scoring near the bottom also affected many picks. Quite a few people had Jason Brown in fourth instead of sixth place. Alexander Samarin, though, was correctly guessed in fourth place by quite a few players.

197 players in Men’s this week. :eeking: So great to see many returning players plus lots of new ones! :hap10:

I’ve added the scores to the spreadsheet. If you have any corrections, please PM me.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
I'm a little bit confused as to how scoring works

Men:
1. Shoma Uno - 15
2. Junhwan CHA - 10
3. Keegan MESSING - 10
4. Alexander SAMARIN - 15
5. Jason BROWN - 10
-
6. Roman SADOVSKY

Wouldn't that be 60 points for men?

leoleo

Medalist
oh wow I have bronze for ice dance predictions and i don't even watch Ice Dance yeahh

Weathergal

Medalist
I'm a little bit confused as to how scoring works

Wouldn't that be 60 points for men?

Yes, sorry for the error! (Spastic fingers, I fear!) Updated the spreadsheet and added you to the list of bronze medalists. Congrats!

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Some people already have the total score of the event on the spreadsheet, others like me still are without their pairs score :confused:

maggieanne

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I was not confident going into this round, so coming out with two bronzes makes me quite happy :)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Some people already have the total score of the event on the spreadsheet, others like me still are without their pairs score :confused:

It seem good now.

Congratulations to StephenGfan, gold with the huge score of 250 :eeking:, then Nirti, silver with 235 :eek: and SubRosa, zebobes and gonewiththewind25 bronze with 225 :thumbsup:

After two GPs the first overall is Chris Cooper with 440, then SubRosa with 435, voolfee 430, Nirti 425 and some users at 415 ( me, lavenderblossom, NoNameFace, Amelia, and alinaharry ).

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

Yes, sorry for the delay!! As you say next, it's all up now. Id already calculated the scores but hadn't had time to then input them all straight away. I'll be more efficient next week :hap36: