2018 Skate Canada Men's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Men's Short Program

GGFan

Record Breaker
Sorry about that fall for Shoma. Great program and performance in general. The music gets really fast toward the end, so he'll have to add even more intensity to the footwork. Once he does it will be spectacular. Side eye on the GOE for the 4F

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well, that was very unexpected from Uno. Strong on the opening 4F, but a stuttery landing on the 4T+3T. And a wild crash-in-the-boards fall on the 3A on an element he's usually +3 or more on. He was just leaning very forward in the air and he couldn't catch himself. Maybe because of that, his spins and footwork were a bit more controlled and careful than usual. But you can see the wondrous potential of the program with the music matching his intensity and sharpness.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I knew somehow Shoma would fall after all those clean skates. :hopelessness:

My boyfriend became very enamored of the word “floop” after Shoma gave him cause to learn it, and now we call Shoma Floopy... we meant it endearingly, not literally. 🤢

At least Shoma seems to be okay physically. That fall really scared me. But it was... the onomatopoeic version of a floop.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Junhwan is behind Uno Shoma by just 0.01 :eeking:

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
Okay I love Shoma but I don’t know how to feel about him getting second despite that fall, what do we think folks?

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
The costume from Lombardia was better. Maybe that’s the reason.

Switch it asap Shoma