2018 US Championships Sr. Free Dance | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Free Dance

tzazu

Medalist
Good. I hope it sticks in their craws and sends them all back to practice ice carrying a grudge and out for blood.

A very high level of competition and having “something to prove” is an excellent motivator.

I predict all three of these teams will be even more dazzling by The Olympics.

:thumbsup:

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
they have to find their own Ondrej Hotarek for lifting service to get everyone in the photo:laugh:

I always wonder why they don't make the top step slightly bigger knowing that at some point they have to fit 6 people up there.....while holding a bunch of stuff no less.

Lissy

Medalist
Zach and Madison are now at the boards with their families and there are a lot of tears again. It’s lovely to see.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
it was quite a roller-coaster I'd say :drama:, drama in EVERY front - Olympic season, babe!

but getting through this with you guys sweetened the bitterness and heightened the sugar rush for some:laugh:

now, just getting prepared for more DRAMAHHH in Canada and wishing for 'Austin Powers' EX from Hawayek/Baker;)

slider11

Medalist
What an ice dance podium! H/B and H/B were beaming and the Shibs and C/B looked like they wanted to kick the rating pins across the ice! Especially Chock! Ok, teams, fire up for Korea! It really looks like the judges did all they could to hold up the Shibs but that mistake in the diagonal steps by Maia was the filler. The right team won. I am particularly happy with Hawayek and Baker's pewter. Now they need to find a NEW FD next year - Liberstraum is beautiful but don't make the mistake that Ashley Wagner did and hang on to it for a third year.

tzazu

Medalist
Somebody knows when we will know about the teams for 4CC, worlds and Olympics? (Last two quite obvious)

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I love all three teams! Actually I love the next three teams as well! I hate that someone has to be sad - I am gutted for the Shibs... but a mistake is a mistake and you can't win with one. They have had two FDs in a row with mistakes so hopefully at the Olympics they will get back to a clean FD. Congrats to H&D - they deserved the win, but like they said they need to hit their levels and they didn't win either section here at Nationals which tells them they have room to improve. C&B have now won the FD over the other two teams two times in a row so they need to work on hitting their levels in the SD especially. All 3 are still very much alive in the race for the Olympic podium - hope they all come out on fire at the Olympics. I have no idea what the USFS will do for the team event though.

And congrats to H&B for being the only team to hit all level fours!

tzazu

Medalist
it was quite a roller-coaster I'd say :drama:, drama in EVERY front - Olympic season, babe!

but getting through this with you guys sweetened the bitterness and heightened the sugar rush for some:laugh:

now, just getting prepared for more DRAMAHHH in Canada and wishing for 'Austin Powers' EX from Hawayek/Baker;)

dunno if it'll be so much drama in Canada:hap57:

slider11

Medalist
Somebody knows when we will know about the teams for 4CC, worlds and Olympics? (Last two quite obvious)

Hope they go in order for 4CCs with Hawayek/Baker, Parsons and McNamara/Carpenter. But Pogrebinsky/Benoit might have a case for body of work. Lorraine and Quinn did beat them by over 7 points here which is big in ice dance.