2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

kiches

Final Flight
Warning for US, Russia, and Austrailians looking for practice tickets. Just got these email response back:

"The ticket price is 30,000won. it will be sold from 2pm, 2017.01.04 Thursday based on korea standard time on a first come first served basis through 2018 Pyeongchang winter olympic official homepage.

But customers living in The US Russia Austrailia can't buy the tickets through this official homepage,

so please call each ATR and ask for buying the tickets"

seabm7

Final Flight
My friend in Korea is claiming that you don’t need a physical ticket to enter the stadium. He has a ticket number confirmed but doesn’t have the physical ticket. I’m guessing that’s not true and that he needs to pick it up from somewhere? Gosh this is so stressful.

Maybe he was referring to picking up his paper ticket at the venue sales window? If you have the reservation info and the proper ID, you can do that.

ETD: This method is available if you buy the ticket from https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com. But I'm not sure it also works for foreign visitors.

Sam L

Medalist
Sam L I hope you saw my note above (I assume you're from Australia).

Mine said it’s only available for Korean residents how disappointing.

Maybe he was referring to picking up his paper ticket at the venue sales window? If you have the reservation info and the proper ID, you can do that.

Not sure, I’ll check.

Sam L

Medalist
So now I’m dependent on useless Cosport to get these tickets. What I hate the most about all this is how they just drip feed these tickets here and there. If I had known that there were going five A category tickets available I would’ve bought them but now I’m stuck with B tickets. And if and when I get access to these practice tickets. There are a whole bunch of figure skating tickets on the cosport website that hasn’t been sold for weeks!

kiches

Final Flight
So now I’m dependent on useless Cosport to get these tickets. What I hate the most about all this is how they just drip feed these tickets here and there. If I had known that there were going five A category tickets available I would’ve bought them but now I’m stuck with B tickets. And if and when I get access to these practice tickets. There are a whole bunch of figure skating tickets on the cosport website that hasn’t been sold for weeks!

It really does suck. At least there seems to be plenty of practice tickets for ladies. Men's has been a no-go the entire time :cry:.

merleice

Rinkside
Did anyone manage to get tickets to the Men’s training session? I couldn’t add it to my cart the entire time. Still refreshing the page but if I can’t get them I guess I’ll just go watch the Ladies and Dance Training sessions.

@Sam L : could your friend be referring to the mobile app for tickets? Where a code will be sent to the phone to be scanned for entry so no need for physical tickets

seabm7

Final Flight
Did anyone manage to get tickets to the Men’s training session? I couldn’t add it to my cart the entire time. Still refreshing the page but if I can’t get them I guess I’ll just go watch the Ladies and Dance Training sessions.

According to some Korean fans, the Men's training session were all gone in a few seconds.

lavenderlush

Rinkside

@Sam L : could your friend be referring to the mobile app for tickets? Where a code will be sent to the phone to be scanned for entry so no need for physical tickets

Strangely enough, I was able to get tickets and I live outside Korea. :scratch2:

merleice

Rinkside
According to some Korean fans, the Men's training session were all gone in a few seconds.

Thanks seabm7. I guess my internet connection was not fast enough. Still happy I got the Ladies and Dance sessions anyway: )

kiches

Final Flight
Strangely enough, I was able to get tickets and I live outside Korea. :scratch2:

It's only restricted to certain countries where the ATR specifically requested their countries not be able to purchase. I have some Canadian friends and know of some Chinese fans who were able to buy tickets. As far as I know USA, Russia, and Australia are back on the blacklist as of November.

As for men's practice, it's been impossible but I do know of one person who got 2 tickets.

seabm7

Final Flight
also I am a little confused about the Pyeongchang Korail pass - would really appreciate it anyone can answer this: If I buy the Korail pass (e.g for 7 days), I will still need to actually reserve seats on the train during any of these 7 consecutive days - in order to BE able to get on the train, is that correct?

Yes, reserving a seat is a separate process.

For example - I can't just present my 7-day pass on the day I wish to travel to and fro Seoul-Pyeongchang and vice versa, can I? I would actually also need to present the boarding pass (which is available after I reserve a seat?) together with the 7-day pass?
Also, if I have a spontaneous plan to travel between Pyeongchang-Seoul and failed to reserve seats beforehand online (as plans can change) - is it possible to procure said seats at a ticket counter at the train station, providing I already have the 7 day pass?

Yes, it is possible to procure the said seats at the ticket counter at the train station, if seats are available. If they run out of seats, you can use the "non-reserved-seat" car or you can stand.

Korail designates the T8 car of each KTX train set as the "non-reserved-seat" car from time to time, if the traffic is not heavy. As a counter-example, during the New Year Holiday period (Feb 15-18), T8 will also become a "reserved-seat" car, so you need a reservation even in this car.

But I also heard that they limit the number of "standing" people, so please be careful.

Sam L

Medalist
So I’m guessing Cosport Australia isn’t going to get any of those practice tickets considering that they’re not even selling the ones they’re offering right now for every day and event excluding the men. I just don’t get the logic. There’s zero interest in Australia for figure skating. What makes them think they’re going sell almost 1,000 dollar single tickets to people. I may understand geo blocking countries like US and Russia where there are figure skating fans. So now I’m forced to be in this uncertainty because they want to sell through their site for the one or two Australian fans that are going to buy figure skating tickets? I hope they don’t sell any of those tickets serves them right.

kiches

Final Flight
My guess is none of the ATRs are getting practice tickets. These training sessions seemed to have been added in as an after thought.

Sam L, I think once you get to Korea you can just buy a practice ticket for ladies at one of the ticket offices. My hunch is the SP practice at least should be available by the time you get to Korea (there are still ladies SP tickets available, so I don’t think the demand is super high for that particular practice), so don’t give up yet!

I’m also hoping they open up B or C seats for men’s practice. There’s clearly a demand and money to be made. They could do it for ladies’ practice too if they want to try and make more money if it does indeed sell out later.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice

Lucky you~ Take nice picture of the boys for us ~
Me and all of my friends (inside and outside of Korea) who tried to get the men’s practice ticket fail the mission. :dbana:

Ellie493

Rinkside
It’s the top news under “News/ Event” page. I also wrote to them asking about if the ticket are open to international fan and where is it going to pop up in the ticket page, no reply so far... they usually reply within 1 day, I am a bit concerned.

Ok, so I just tried buying a ticket via the official website for one of the practice sessions, but a Visa is needed for payment. I only have a MasterCard. Has anyone with a Visa tried purchasing a ticket?

You can find the practice tickets by selecting the date on which the practice takes place in the calendar.

One again, if anyone is able to buy them, please PM me.