2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 452 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Amei

Record Breaker
Interesting quote about Medvyedeva:

"Nevertheless, you shouldn't worry about Yevgeniya's’s income. As long as her name is public, Medvyedeva will always be happy to perform in shows. For the summer of 2020, the athlete is scheduled to perform in Japan as Sailor Moon, and the other day the box offices opened for Ilya Averbukh's New Year show “The Wizard of Oz”, where Medvyedeva will play Dorothy. It is officially stated that Yevgeniya will perform in all shows from December 30 to January 7, despite the fact that on some days there will be two or three performances. After Medvyedeva was declared ambassador of the 2020 Olympics, this is the second clear confirmation of the fact that the skater does not count on success at the Russian Championship in December 2019 and on getting into the national team for the European Championship. The role of Toto will be played by another invited dog, not Jerry."

I don't think that Evgenia signing on for shows that are around European Championships is indicative that she doesn't count on success at the Russian Championships but her being business savy - I'm sure the contract for the shows has an 'out' for if she gets on the Europeans team. However she's lined up income in the event that she isn't going to Europeans and Worlds. Not being on 1 of those teams is not an indicator for the Russian Ladies of a failed season, except perhaps Trusova (she's so solid on the quads outside of a complete implosion I don't see her not making the teams). Evgenia is living in Toronto and supposedly she doesn't get any additional money to pay for that from the Fed so she's got to make up the difference.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I don't think that Evgenia signing on for shows that are around European Championships is indicative that she doesn't count on success at the Russian Championships but her being business savy - I'm sure the contract for the shows has an 'out' for if she gets on the Europeans team. However she's lined up income in the event that she isn't going to Europeans and Worlds. Not being on 1 of those teams is not an indicator for the Russian Ladies of a failed season, except perhaps Trusova (she's so solid on the quads outside of a complete implosion I don't see her not making the teams). Evgenia is living in Toronto and supposedly she doesn't get any additional money to pay for that from the Fed so she's got to make up the difference.

I cannot beleive that it is not some fake news. How can she prepare her part in shows starting December 30 if she has a free program on December 28 and gala on December 29? Something here just does not make sense. Unless she is not 100% serious about giving a battle at Rusnats.

katymay

Medalist

I don't think she has an 'out' for the Wizard of Oz, seems to me (since I've already seen the adverts for it) that it is a pretty big deal. (And she looks so cute!) I'm glad she is cashing in on her popularity-good for her, take advantage of every opportunity that comes along.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I cannot beleive that it is not some fake news. How can she prepare her part in shows starting December 30 if she has a free program on December 28 and gala on December 29? Something here just does not make sense. Unless she is not 100% serious about giving a battle at Rusnats.

Based on her performance at ACI, I think that she wants to be on the European and World team. Evgenia and her team have probably talked about it and there is probably a reason as to why Evgenia is doing this show. We probably will never find out that reason, but there most likely is one.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Agree completely!
And here is one skater with both excellent height and distance - Yuna Kim - She is flying!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmZuU71C7eA
Kaori - amazing distance and fluidity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30D47Ylzs90

And Anna's height and distance...just...:disapp: Not to mention her heavily prerotated jumps (not only the quad but even her triples), wrong lutz edge...

Could you stop bringing up non-Russian Ladies in the Russian Ladies thread?

Please and thank you.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Could you stop bringing up non-Russian Ladies in the Russian Ladies thread?

Please and thank you.
Double standards much? Someone else already brought the names of Liu (two times) and Yuna, and you said nothing.
Long live corruption in figure skating and cheating techniques! Kisses!
Tuktamysheva is the only Russian lady with a proper techniques. So sad. :(

ec00834

On the Ice
Double standards much? Someone else already brought the names of Liu (two times) and Yuna, and you said nothing.

So all the judges who have ever judged any Russian lady besides Liza are wrong and you're the expert? Wow, you love to believe in conspiracies...:slink:

SkateSkates

Medalist

Almost all Panova skaters have correct jump technique as well. I would check them out before making this generalization.

And what about correct spinning technique or does that not matter to you? Because I would say Alina and Aliona have some of the best spins in the field - fast, well centered, good positions that don’t look strained.

There is something positive to say about each and every one of these amazing ladies. I’m not saying we should ignore their flaws and we should of course offer constructive criticism, but no need to be so negative about all Russian ladies in the Russian ladies thread.

lesnar001

Record Breaker

It's not my job to notice everything in this thread.
I made you a "special project" because of your blatant hypocrisy.
If you don't want other posters not to bring up Non-Russians - please don't do it yourself.

readernick

Medalist
Almost all Panova skaters have correct jump technique as well. I would check them out before making this generalization.

And what about correct spinning technique or does that not matter to you? Because I would say Alina and Aliona have some of the best spins in the field - fast, well centered, good positions that don’t look strained.

There is something positive to say about each and every one of these amazing ladies. I’m not saying we should ignore their flaws and we should of course offer constructive criticism, but no need to be so negative about all Russian ladies in the Russian ladies thread.

Love Panova's skaters. Love Ksenia so much! ( I really just look for any opportunity to say this 🤣)

readernick

Medalist
It's not my job to notice everything in this thread.
I made you a "special project" because of your blatant hypocrisy.
If you don't want other posters not to bring up Non-Russians - please don't do it yourself.

Hyprocrisy is a major theme among figure skating fans. Russian and non- Russian alike. You need to get used to it. 😁

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Love Panova's skaters. Love Ksenia so much! ( I really just look for any opportunity to say this ��)

I watched Sinitsyna skate at 0.25 speed and her lutz technique is far from perfect - she has deep inside edge (she changes her edge at the last moment, you can see at 2:15 with 0.25 speed), she uses full blade and then there is a loop like entry. :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsw4B9XHCo

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Russian skaters (and maybe US skaters) are the only crowd where you see a promising novice and you automatically assume 1 of 3 things - insane PR, flutz, or bad SS.

Liza does have textbook technique but Kanysheva does too, and so did Sotskova (when she rotated jumps :cry:), Tsurskaya and Sinitsyna does too (i am beginning to wonder if you need glasses, first you speak of a man in the LADIES quad thread and then koreans and japanese in the RUSSIAN ladies thread, perhaps we should make the titles bigger so you don’t get confused again).

Sinitsyna has a fine 3Lz with an outside edge. It’s not insanely deep but it’s outside (and that fact is quite obvious).

readernick

Medalist
I watched Sinitsyna skate at 0.25 speed and her lutz technique is far from perfect - she has deep inside edge (she changes her edge at the last moment, you can see at 2:15 with 0.25 speed), she uses full blade and then there is a loop like entry. :/

She also had great programs and great SS. Few skaters currently competing outside of Liza and Rika ( whose name I guess I am not allowed to mention here, haha) have true outside edges on the lutz. This applies to most skaters from most countries. I still enjoy watching beautiful skating and Panova works hard to make her skaters beautiful and to teach good technique.

SkateSkates

Medalist

Her edge isn’t even fully in frame in that video or the slomo replay after her skate so I’m not sure how you can use this to accurately judge if she changed edges?

Ksenia, Nastya Tarakanova and Alena Kanysheva all have true lutzes - all current or former students of Panova.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Russian skaters (and maybe US skaters) are the only crowd where you see a promising novice and you automatically assume 1 of 3 things - insane PR, flutz, or bad SS.

Liza does have textbook technique but Kanysheva does too, and so did Sotskova (when she rotated jumps :cry:), Tsurskaya and Sinitsyna does too (i am beginning to wonder if you need glasses, first you speak of a man in the LADIES quad thread and then koreans and japanese in the RUSSIAN ladies thread, perhaps we should make the titles bigger so you don’t get confused again).

Sinitsyna has a fine 3Lz with an outside edge. It’s not insanely deep but it’s outside (and that fact is quite obvious).

Sinitsyna lutz:
deep inside edge - https://ibb.co/rptSRTY
deep inside edge - https://ibb.co/YB2SNZb
full blade take off - https://ibb.co/GckCMkD
loop like entry - https://ibb.co/1XxY7bd