2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 546 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So, now the only question is, will I be able to get up at 6 a.m. to see Anna? I mean I "non-like" flatearthers but at such opportunities I would wish the earth was really flat with one time for all :biggrin:

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
So, now the only question is, will I be able to get up at 6 a.m. to see Anna? I mean I "non-like" flatearthers but at such opportunities I would with the earth was really flat with one time for all :biggrin:

Am I correct that SA is ahead of schedule? The men are already on though they were not supposed to start until 3PM Vegas time. I also want to see Anna and I would also have to get up very early but it seems the ladies might start earlier as well. So I'm wondering should I go to sleep at all? :laugh:

*Oh I realized I looked at the Free Skate schedule by accident. Everything's on time. My bad.*

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So, now the only question is, will I be able to get up at 6 a.m. to see Anna? I mean I "non-like" flatearthers but at such opportunities I would with the earth was really flat with one time for all :biggrin:

I'll try to rise at my normal work day alarm 05:30 because I want not only to witness Shcherbakova to come to terms with her first start in the Grand Prix in a different climate and time zone but also for support. Most of the Russians that are in figure skating will want to watch too, for every first start of a favourite is like an initiation, a prelude to bigger things to come. No doubt Anna, like every other athlete, lives in her own bubble, emotionally isolated from what goes on outside.
From what is shown so far, the audience in the arena is appreciative of every skater, and real fans know what to expect from Anna and are waiting with anticipation for her mesmerising routine and that one magical moment, her transformation into Firebird Fierce :)

Giltedge

Final Flight
So, now the only question is, will I be able to get up at 6 a.m. to see Anna? I mean I "non-like" flatearthers but at such opportunities I would wish the earth was really flat with one time for all :biggrin:

They could leave the earth round... just force everyone on to one time - GMT (or CET)

5 am for me. Perhaps do-able...

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist

Scott512

Record Breaker

What time are they skating? Aren't you like 6 hours behind us in USA? No you're 6 hours ahead of us flanker.

Giltedge

Final Flight
What time are they skating? Aren't you like 6 hours behind us in USA? No you're 6 hours ahead of us flanker.

Yes, but it is LV time, which is three hours behind you (if you're in Fla)

...so, 8 h behind the disUK, 9 behind flankerville

Orlov

Medalist

Wow, flanker)) :thumbsup:
In our enlightened 21st century, not many people know and understand that the very fact of the existence of different time zones is a clear proof that the earth is not flat.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, but it is LV time, which is three hours behind you (if you're in Fla)

...so, 8 h behind the disUK, 9 behind flankerville
Thanks.

Why are they doing the shorty so early Las Vegas time? You'll get more people in attendance if it's at 7 or 8 at night I would think.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Thanks.

Why are they doing the shorty so early Las Vegas time? You'll get more people in attendance if it's at 7 or 8 at night I would think.

Your bio-clock is out of sync. It is starting at 9 pm LV time Friday night.
So for me, 5 am, for flanker 6 am on Saturday.

Anna at 9.40 pm, Elizaveta at 9.54 pm, Stanislava at 10.26 pm (Kaori at 10.20 pm)
(May I say this?)

I'd better not say anything more here.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I also need to get up for the stream at 5 am...it is after 1 am and I'm not asleep yet. My own brain is messing with me

Scott512

Record Breaker
Your bio-clock is out of sync. It is starting at 9 pm LV time Friday night.
So for me, 5 am, for flanker 6 am on Saturday.

Anna at 9.40 pm, Elizaveta at 9.54 pm, Stanislava at 10.26 pm (Kaori at 10.20 pm)
(May I say this?)

I'd better not say anything more here.

Thanks for the update. But I'm a little more concerned about Anna's body clock that I am yours or flankers. ;) Tough time change for her.

Skuratov

On the Ice
At least ПЕРВЫЙ КАНАЛ is working, rhythmic dance is in progress. That ISU YT channel turned out to be a joke (geoblocking). Waiting for Ladies competition.

colormyworld240

Medalist
5 entries for Belarus? That really p@sses me off. How does Russia not have any challenger? They should have more than one.

Credit to Anna on going for it the way she's planning to. She really is the most delicate of all the girls but we should not underestimate her. She has some Tigress in her. It's not just Sasha. I saw a video of her the other day from a couple years ago when she had a broken leg and was walking on crutches with her leg in a cast. Anna has sure come far since then. And having had a broken leg at like 13 years old hasn't fazed her at all she keeps doing tougher and tougher moves. Amazing.

Why are people getting so worked up over this? Russia doesn't need it's own challenger for the purpose of including more skaters (unlike the JGPs and GPs). They didn't even fill their ladies' challenger spots in other events, and no one was even at Nebelhorn. It's not like other ladies, like those from Belarus, are getting spots instead of them; the fed didn't want them. Maybe many of the Russian ladies just didn't want to do challengers this year, or RusFed doesn't have enough money allocated to send more of them. Either way, this has nothing to do with the ladies from other nations.