2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 577 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I just noticed something about Sasha's Euler. She has changed the technique on it, and I think it has made the combo more consistent. At JO, she turned out of the quad before going into the Euler, and that might have been due to the fact that she was leaving the free leg in front to go into the Euler like a loop (after all it used to be called a half loop). But now, she lets her free leg go back after the quad, giving her time and allowing her to stabilize the jump before going into the Euler. Very smart of her and her coaches. The thing that usually makes loop combos and sometimes Euler combos so hard, is that you have to go into the second jump immediately, or you will lose balance because it is so hard to stay there with your free leg in front without falling or turning out. This is why you always hear Ted saying "she didn't get the free leg back in time" when a girl misses a jump, because getting the free leg back stabilizes you. Anyways, not only did this make her combo more consistent, but its much more pretty now :).

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
What a fantastic competition this was! Five skaters above 209 points!

Sakhanovich - The combos didn't work today. We have seen her already at Russian Cup and S:t Petersburg events and she can do them. Her 3F+3T is solid, so it was a setback that she didn't get it here. But wasn't it nice to see Sima again? Just a few years ago she was Medvedeva's main rival. You go Sima!

Medvedeva - Well I must admit that I was expecting a meltdown here after the disastrous SP and what seems to me a rift in her relationship with Orser. I was wrong. Still, every jump she makes I am super nervous. I don't feel she is secure at all. GPF won't happen, We'll see how she does at Rostelecom and of course at RusNats. But again Zhenya proved here she is a fighter.

Trusova - It started with a fall. But I wasn't really that worried. Unlike Zhenya, I knew she would nail the rest of her jumps. TES score over 100! Wow! New world record!:yahoo: Just fantastic!

It seems that Tuktamysheva's chances for GPF is stronger now, but she needs to be at least 2nd at Cup of China. Her main rival now seems to be Young You if she gets that 2nd GP assignment.

katymay

Medalist
After watching Trusova's practice long I was pretty worried. But Ted Barton said not to worry, (lol). Sasha is tough and fearless, and indeed she is. She is just a force of nature. Just wow.
So glad Zhenya skated a great long, her short was wonderful in practice, not sure what happened.
Also: Huge love for Ted Barton who is so full of praise and admiration for 3A. (And a strong DISLIKE for whoever his sidekick is. Ugh. Jealous much dude?)

Georgya

On the Ice
Firstly, congrats to Alexandra Trusova, this young lady deserved every point she received for her FS. Amazing display of athleticism, unique in the history of figure skating. I'm hoping she will start to change the image of this sport for the general public. The purist segment of the figure skating fans are living at the present in a different world.

Secondly, the amount of hate against Trusova that I saw online after her FS is disgracefull and hypocritical. So what Simone Biles is doing in gymnastics is having a good effect for this sport, but Alexandra is ruining figure skating with her quads? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy.

I hope the comments from some japanese and american users that I've read online will be erased by the praise Alexandra surely deserves for her work and sacrifice from the actual fans of this sport. Some people are so angry with her success that they almost are wishing for her to get injured to prove their point. Some are basically numbering her days as a senior skater and say she will not get to the OG. I'm saddened by all this hate.

I'm sending a virtual hug to Alexandra, she is trully amazing and fierce, already in the history books! And I trust she will be improving and be even more mind-boggling in the next years.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Wouldn't it be cool if Russia sent Trusova, Scherbakova and Kostornaia to Worlds
And Zagitova, Medvededa and Tuktamysheva to Europeans?

They would probably fill out the two podiums anyways :laugh: :)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Firstly, congrats to Alexandra Trusova, this young lady deserved every point she received for her FS. Amazing display of athleticism, unique in the history of figure skating. I'm hoping she will start to change the image of this sport for the general public. The purist segment of the figure skating fans are living at the present in a different world.

Secondly, the amount of hate against Trusova that I saw online after her FS is disgracefull and hypocritical. So what Simone Biles is doing in gymnastics is having a good effect for this sport, but Alexandra is ruining figure skating with her quads? Suddenly it reeks of hypocrisy.

I hope the comments from some japanese and american users that I've read online will be erased by the praise Alexandra surely deserves for her work and sacrifice from the actual fans of this sport. Some people are so angry with her success that they almost are wishing for her to get injured to prove their point. Some are basically numbering her days as a senior skater and say she will not get to the OG. I'm saddened by all this hate.

I'm sending a virtual hug to Alexandra, she is trully amazing and fierce, already in the history books! And I trust she will be improving and be even more mind-boggling in the next years.

I remember back 20 years ago, Slutskaya had the same type of non love. "She was ruining the sport" etc.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Wouldn't it be cool if Russia sent Trusova, Scherbakova and Kostornaia to Worlds
And Zagitova, Medvededa and Tuktamysheva to Europeans?

They would probably fill out the two podiums anyways :laugh: :)

It would be cool, yes, but it would never happen though...

katymay

Medalist

It was particularly nasty tonight. Here is a girl who is tough, fearless, takes huge risks....a powerful girl who should be celebrated. Twitter allows people to be evil.

Decoder

On the Ice

Believe me, those are just not very successful in real life.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Negative comments from American and Japanese skating fans? Lol. Sashtini the tiny tigress is off to an unbelievable start in her career! Why complain about her quads when she doesn't even get to do one in the short program? Another lol.

Good God Eteri must be very proud. And all of Sambo-70 for that matter. And the best (Alyiona) as in the most beautiful skater of them all is yet to come in her Grand Prix debut. :)

I'm very happy Zhenya got things together. If only she could put two really good performances together. She will have to in order to compete with 4A and Rika.

Haikush

On the Ice
Medvedeva needs to skate outside of Canada next season seems she gets jinxed there, also she should hope she gets a Cup of Russia inflation so she gets 2 GP assignments next season. I dont think she has high chance of making the Worlds or Euros team, she is more inconsistent now than Zagitova was last season. Shes done.
I seem to remember mmany claiming Zagitova was done last year too....ice is slippery. Zhenya is not the same as last year and she has improved. I hope she proves you wrong

Georgya

On the Ice
Negative comments from American and Japanese skating fans? Lol. Sashtini the tiny tigress is off to an unbelievable start in her career! Why complain about her quads when she doesn't even get to do one in the short program? Another lol.

Good God Eteri must be very proud. And all of Sambo-70 for that matter. And the best (Alyiona) as in the most beautiful skater of them all is yet to come in her Grand Prix debut. :)

I'm very happy Zhenya got things together. If only she could put two really good performances together. She will have to in order to compete with 4A and Rika.

I'm happy for Evgenia too. I know rusfed will not do it, but I think that two different teams for EC and WC would be a good thing for them and fans and keep some girls motivated

Haikush

On the Ice
but shes not making the GPF again, btw this will be Zagitovas 3rd senior season the same season Med had started the struggles and injury. I think its because they are built differently Zagitova is more athletic in built. You can see how Zagitova gets the jumps she uses her legs not much of her upper body like Med.

Well Zagitova struggled mightly last season and overall skating is not as good. She still hasn't improved her SS posture. Her footwork is not great, slow and her spins are not as good as before

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
After getting a good look on television, I'm pretty sure that Medvedeva screamed out an obscenity during her fall in the short program.
If that's not a deduction, then it certainly should be.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Well Zagitova struggled mightly last season and overall skating is not as good. She still hasn't improved her SS posture. Her footwork is not great, slow and her spins are not as good as before

To you. But her step sequence in her SP at test skates had a lot of ice coverage, and was beautifully nuanced. As for her FS as a whole, she has the 4th highest FS score this season, behind the 3A. She struggled last season, but she is a much better skater this season so far, as shown qualitatively in her skates and quantitatively in her scores.

NaVi

Medalist
Was the ladies FS shown live in Russia on 1st TV or is it on tape delay? Last week from the ratings page it seems like it was tape delayed and shown in the afternoon.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
The hate Sasha is getting is heartbreaking, she's 15 years old and smashing world records like it is nothing and she's being treated appallingly for it.
I accidentally read a nasty comment on Twitter that was so hateful, so disgusting and poisonous that it made me feel physically sick.
What is wrong with people?!

Scott512

Record Breaker

Huh? If Alina was what you say she is she would not be the reigning defending undisputed world champion among other things. ;)

How did serafima do people?