2019 Bavarian Open | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 Bavarian Open

Country
Russia
Aurora TES in FS 53.63.
Not very well done, but done - Aurora has minimum technical score for Worlds (needed 49.00 or more).

And bronze medal - good, but means much less than she earned right to Worlds.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
How does it work?
On the left side on their screen all the elements appear and on the bottom they have the +/- 5. After every element they give immediately the goes and they are making notes all the time. After the skate they can click on the element and can rewatch it. For the components a colourful text and the numbers appear.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So it really is mostly gut instincts? Thanks for the info!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
What was the final results for the men’s FS? The results page isn’t working for me.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
1. Koshiro Shimada: 210
2. Conrad Orzel: 200
3. Peter-James Hallam: 192

Almost 200 for PJ, that’s great! I really hope to see him at Lombardia or Finlandia next year. It’s crazy that he doesn’t have an official ISU SB for this season.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Yeah, we do need her. And she may be able to add more content by Worlds if she gets the minimums here. She has 3Lo and 3F in the FS, so she could replace 3S in the SP with one of them. She had 3T-3T and 3Lz before the injury, though not that consistent and some edge issues for Lz. I think those may be back only next season.

Best of luck to Aurora! I think she did well here.
I wonder when Skate Canada will decide on who to send to worlds.

Ziotic

Medalist
There are two spots left to fill, though. If Gabby turned it down, wouldn't Aurora also be a candidate?

Aurora getting her minimums was her getting her spot.

Alaine was named already.

If gabby wants to go, she will. If she doesn’t feel ready Veronik will go.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Canada is in a very very sad state. They will be lucky to hold on to two spots. Alaine bombed at 4CC's Mallet was okay but still is not proven consistent and likewise for Larkyn. Gabby was a mess at Canadiansa but if she gets it together she is Canada's best bet. I was watching the BAvarian Open and Aurora was okay but hardly an ingenue of promoise. I also was disappointed in Satoko's fs. It really does not show off her musicality and lyrical quality. It's okay but no magic.

GoddessMinerva

Rinkside
Canada is in a very very sad state. They will be lucky to hold on to two spots. Alaine bombed at 4CC's Mallet was okay but still is not proven consistent and likewise for Larkyn. Gabby was a mess at Canadiansa but if she gets it together she is Canada's best bet. I was watching the BAvarian Open and Aurora was okay but hardly an ingenue of promoise. I also was disappointed in Satoko's fs. It really does not show off her musicality and lyrical quality. It's okay but no magic.

I could be wrong, but if two Canadians make the free, do they hold onto two spots, or does one have to finish top 12? I can't remember the number adding up the finishing places needed for two spots. In that sense sending Alaine isn't great, because getting in the 40's for SP may mean no free skate and that's basically what she's been scoring. I think most of the other ladies can hold onto into the free - except Alaine which is of course the must unfortunate thing and ironic as she's national champ. If Gabby can skate a short like at nationals, she can make second group maybe first, and she just has to be competent in the free to make a big difference in getting two spots. Veronik's 170 at 4CC's was encouraging for being a helper to get 2 spots.