2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance

rain

Record Breaker
Weaver/Poje have my absolute favorite RD of the season. Just magnetic.

This is so hard for me, because Gilles/Poirier and now Weaver/Poje have my two favourite tangos of the season. I was not expecting Weaver/Poje to come out and crush it like they did, but their program is equally brilliant. If the judging is fair and they skate like that at worlds, they should be on the podium again (in a tiny whisper, I'd have them first in the RD, over everyone).

Gilles and Poirier looked great here and I'm sad that they lost levels in their Tango Romantica. If they hadn't, it would be a tie. They have my absolute favourite free dance of the season (above Weaver/Poje).

I'm a little sad that with the way the massive political push has been going for the Russians this year, both of these stellar teams could get less than they deserve at worlds (I don't think there's any question they're both going).

If everyone continues to skate in the FD like they did here, this may be my favourite ice dance competition of the season!

And I can't believe I forgot to mention F-B/S! They were amazing. Loved their twizzles and how they're timed to the music.

And on a shallow note, all three of the ladies from the top teams win best dressed awards in my book.

rain

Record Breaker
So watch US Nationals I think we will see an 88 from Hubbell and Donahoe. I really felt for SF they just don't look like they can compete with the Canadian transplant Dane team. I think GP have a more innovative quality but Weapo to me are maybe more medal contenders. Actually from whatI have seen so far this year it would be France, Weapo and GP. But I think france and H/D have the top two spots and Italy the inside on the bronze but Weapo if they canskateclean who knows. I think Kaitlyn is so beautiful.In a natural clean cut way.

Oh, I don't think it's Italy with the inside on bronze. Russia has been making a massive political push this season. I think both Weaver/Poje and Gilles/Poirier have the material to be on the podium this season, but I think the politics is going to make it very, very difficult.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Damn, it’s going to be so hard to chose the winner tomorrow, I’m nearly crying in anticipation, I love both GP and WP’s free dances. *swesting profusely*

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
W/P were great, but I just love G/P's Tango and I was so immersed during their performance, I'd have loved to see them win gold... Heck, for the virtue of the sheer beauty and emotion of their Vincent FD (W/P's FD is beautiful, but it doesn't bring me to tears and stirr up my emotions like that stellar Starry, Starry Night) I'd have given them gold if I had the power to do so. But then, I know nothing in ID so...

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
It's interesting that both this season and the last, Piper and Paul have the more high concept, classy and to an extent restrained (as in method of expression) program with amazing attention to detail, while Kaitlyn and Andrew have the simpler but in a sense more inviting and warmer one.
And when you consider the current landscape of uniform bleh expression from Gadbois (with the exception of P/C) and generic Russian drama from the Russian teams, it looks like W/P bring notable sophistication and maturity to this year's RD.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It's interesting that both this season and the last, Piper and Paul have the more high concept, classy and to an extent restrained (as in method of expression) program with amazing attention to detail, while Kaitlyn and Andrew have the simpler but in a sense more inviting and warmer one.
And when you consider the current landscape of uniform bleh expression from Gadbois (with the exception of P/C) and generic Russian drama from the Russian teams, it looks like W/P bring notable sophistication and maturity to this year's RD.

I think that skipping first part of the season and doing only one challenger will do well to WeaPo in terms of reception, stipulating solid tech content - they gave judges & us a hint of things to come (two solid programs, nothing really revolutionary in sense of creation for me at least, but totally infused with their signature warm intimacy of chemistry between them) and now they are coming back with some freshness, confidence taken from their belief in what they are putting on ice, regardless of tastes. Agree on sophistication remark - they are known for more simplistic, but a very high taste and polish level in their performances and this RD in particular was no exception; more like a testament to their signature style and how they express themselves on the ice.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
UHHH HIIII!!! Weaver/Poje are back.. geeeeeze!!! that was a phenomenal skate. I actually thought that Piper and Paul could of led after the RD until I watched Kaitlyn and Andrew skate.. that RD was one of the best ive ever seen this year. Their coreo was on point. I absolutely was blown away by how the programs ending kept building and how they pushed that to the limit. I forgot it was even a RD I was watching! Good on them!!