2019 Junior Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Pairs Short Program

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Apparently the Expression du Jour upon hearing you've gotten a SB is to look like your parents just told you you're grounded for the weekend. For every weekend the next month.

Are they all aiming for new world records, or is it a way of reducing the pressure for the free skate? :scratch2: I can't understand why they're not happier about it...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Are they all aiming for new world records, or is it a way of reducing the pressure for the free skate? :scratch2: I can't understand why they're not happier about it...

I think they know the real challenge is still before them. They all fulfilled the task, not to make a mistake and eliminate themselves from the fight for gold, but tomorrow the real competition awaits.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Unpopular opinion but P/R are my favorites here. Their lines and flow plus overall look(?) is just my liking, I guess.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Unpopular opinion but P/R are my favorites here. Their lines and flow plus overall look(?) is just my liking, I guess.

I agree, having seen the SPs (I prefer their music). Haven't seen their FS yet, so I'm looking forward to that :)

gold12345

Medalist

I feel the same. P/R's pair elements stand out, even among the other strong Russian pairs. They get a lot of height on their twist & throws, probably in part because she hasn't grown yet, but still, they have beautiful quality. They'll likely end up 3rd because of the SBS double loops in the FS (and they lack a bit in maturity compared to the other Russian pairs), but their pair elements have kept them competitive every time this season.

zounger

Medalist

I don’t think it’s unpopular. The impression I got from the rink is that they will lead in the SP.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I rarely watch Pairs but was happy to watch the SP this time. What a talented bunch! :clap:

I think I should watch Pairs more often because I don't know much about the rules so I can just enjoy the skating without thinking about anything related to scores.

The Chinese pair was so good! Quite original. :) I liked the music and the choreography was pretty decent too. The expression could be better of course but I imagine they're very young, and still, they skated like that! As I said, I don't know about the technicalities but their throw and lift looked nice to a layman like me :luv17: That sbs spin though... :laugh: Also, that girl has some funny technique on the 2A. :laugh:
But anyway, really enjoyed the Chinese skaters, up until today I didn't even know you could start - and finish - a program literally sitting on the ice. :laugh2:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I can't believe I fell asleep :palmf: Just watched the Russian teams, since Sasha did make a mistake on his spin the placements are fair. I'm choosing to believe Nastya and Sasha will rebound right on top in the free :biggrin:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
The Russians looked very strong and a level above the rest of the field. I would have P/R in first, followed by M/G and then P/I. I was surprised to see P/I first in PCS. I also though M/G were marked harshly on the GOE for their throw and twist. Still all in all it’s pretty much a dead heat, only 1.29 between the Top 3. It’s all to play for in the Free. They all looked extremely serious, hopefully their will be a lot more smiles this evening.

The Chinese scored a big PB but I wasn’t so sure of the programme. It felt a bit odd to me, was it really Bollywood programme? Her costume said yes, his maybe and the music no.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
The Russians looked very strong and a level above the rest of the field. I would have P/R in first, followed by M/G and then P/I. I was surprised to see P/I first in PCS. I also though M/G were marked harshly on the GOE for their throw and twist. Still all in all it’s pretty much a dead heat, only 1.29 between the Top 3. It’s all to play for in the Free. They all looked extremely serious, hopefully their will be a lot more smiles this evening.

The Chinese scored a big PB but I wasn’t so sure of the programme. It felt a bit odd to me, was it really Bollywood programme? Her costume said yes, his maybe and the music no.

it's the weirdness that makes it cool :biggrin: i see it like a "Austin Powers in bollywood" program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I actually liked the Chinese but can't decide who I liked best of the Russians. Still it is anyone's in the top three. I guess the fs will distinguish teams more technically.